Our partner

Is he abusing her?

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Is he abusing her?

Postby Kara97 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 pm

My close friend has been dating this guy on/off for a year. (she's 20, he's 27).
He bought her a new phone after 2 weeks of knowing her. A few days later he invited her over saying "no ones home it'll be just us alone." She didn't agree as she was not ready for that sort of thing (she's a virgin) and when she confronted him, he said he was testing her.
He did offer her to meet him at an expensive hotel room, again she refused and he said he was testing her. He gets jealous when she talks to other guys and he tries to forbid her from talking to some. He goes through her phone but never ever lets her touch his, or when he did once he was closely eyeing her. He often talks badly about her close friends, for example me. I was once spending a few nights at her house, and he would say he'd wanna see her but she'd tell him she can't as she's with me. Then He would tell her that I don't care about her and that I'm not genuine, and then puts her in a position where she has to pick between him or me. She did choose me though, and he ended up blocking her for 2 weeks before coming back again.

Once when they were fighting in the car, he threatened he would crash it if she didn't stay with him.
He makes comments about her clothes and says if he were to marry her, he'd change a lot of things about her.
She also told me the farthest they do is make out and he asks for BJ's though she claims she never did it.
On her birthday he took her to a fancy dinner and bought her expensive gifts.
She decided to go off to college with me and initially he wasn't okay with the idea. Recently she just found out that he had cheated on her when he traveled for a holiday.
He kept denying it and even though she knew the truth, she decided to stay with him.
A while later he broke up with her saying he has a new girl in his life, and he called her a b*tch.
She was shocked because she expected him to marry her. (He comes from a really rich family, whereas her family have financial problems.)

What's your take on this guy?
And is she blinded or what? Shes still goinf after him
Kara97
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is he abusing her?

Postby hofcity » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:45 pm

He gets jealous when she talks to other guys and he tries to forbid her from talking to some. He goes through her phone

Major red flags. The guy is a jealous, possessive, controlling weak guy.
Its such tiny things during the early stages of a relationship which indicate that the girl could end up in a very abusive relationship later.

My advice to her is simple: run...
hofcity
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 am

Postby Gooffe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:08 am

No, I think you should leave them alone.
Gooffe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:46 am

Postby pamelaperejil » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Maybe, I think you should say your piece and then leave them alone.
previously: pleasnpetrichor, perejil

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
pamelaperejil
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles