Our partner

Difficulties with my Mother *long*

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Re: Difficulties with my Mother *long*

Postby anotherfinemess » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Holodeck wrote:Uuuugh the every day calls. I don't miss those. Yeah if you can't move maybe try to get her a hobby...or pretend you have one that you have to disappear off to for hours every once in the while.

My mom is a writer, so she has these writers group things she goes to where she feeds off attention she gets through public speaking, and feeds more by telling each and every individual to their face that she's actually shy after she's done with reading her work. If your mom has a passion, maybe try to find something like that. Be sure to schedule your hobby to be the same time slot though. You won't want her dragging you along.

Lol! Well, I've gone back to church and have joined a local history group, neither of which involve my Mum, thankfully! Mum & step-dad are going away for a couple of days next week... ahh, the peace lol!
anotherfinemess
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Holodeck » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:31 pm

anotherfinemess wrote:
Lol! Well, I've gone back to church and have joined a local history group, neither of which involve my Mum, thankfully! Mum & step-dad are going away for a couple of days next week... ahh, the peace lol!

Now's your chance! Call/message them that you've moved! Tell others what to say if asked about where you went! Put a sign on your door saying you've moved.

Warning: You might have to do more online shopping, and only come out at night.
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 11:12 am

Postby anotherfinemess » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Holodeck wrote:
anotherfinemess wrote:

Now's your chance! Call/message them that you've moved! Tell others what to say if asked about where you went! Put a sign on your door saying you've moved.

Warning: You might have to do more online shopping, and only come out at night.

Lol! I might use the famous line from Black Adder (you may have heard of it - old but iconic British sitcom!): "I am emigrating to Outer Mongolia, where I intend to live as a goat." :mrgreen:
anotherfinemess
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby anotherfinemess » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh, joy of joys! Mother is coming around AGAIN tomorrow. I've told her that it's not necessary - I've got the cleaners coming over and my local history group in the evening & I don't want to get too tired. This cut no ice with Mum - she's coming over on the 2 pm bus and will stay precisely half an hour - if she stays any longer my poor Nstep-dad will have to get his own supper and we can't have that! What on Earth is the point of this visit?! Half an hour! I've told her no way are we doing any sorting out.

She is also expecting me to go over to her place on Saturday afternoon for a few hours. I'm going to be totally Mothered-out at this rate! My energy levels aren't great & I've got stuff to do! I'm going to try and wriggle out of it! :roll:
anotherfinemess
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Holodeck » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Goats are adorable.
Holodeck

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 11:12 am

Postby anotherfinemess » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Holodeck wrote:Goats are adorable.

Indeed they are - as long as they're not headbutting you or eating something vital that they shouldn't! :D
anotherfinemess
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Previous

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post