Our partner

Do I have Inhibited RAD?

Reactive Attachment Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Do I have Inhibited RAD?

Postby Macdundee » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:07 am

Hi, I'm Jackson, and I'm new to Psychforums... :oops:

I'm going to make this short and sweet, but I'm trying to figure out if I have inhibited RAD. I'm been trying to look for a disorder or some type of ailment that fits what I experience, and so far, inhibited RAD has been overwhelmingly fitting for me. I spent most of the day fishing on the net for stuff about the disorder, and it looked like from my relatively untrained eye that I fit into the criteria for moderate to, well, whatever the next level up is from moderate without being severe (if that's even a thing lol?) RAD. A list of symptoms of inhibited RAD that describes me all to well, sadly:

-Failing to ask for support or assistance
-Ambivalent social behaviors and general behaviors
-Difficulty imagining or planning for the future
-Consistently irresponsible
-Overly critical on self and others
-Lazy, lacking motivation

That is only a small fraction of signs on RAD I was able to find that are very descriptive towards me. The most prevalent, over all, of symptoms are my failure to seek comfort and support, rejection of offered affection, difficulty interpreting other's feelings, shunning relationships with practically everyone, avoiding physical contact, engaging in self-soothing behavior (I rock back and forth, it's comforting to me), and some more. Responses are appreciated! Cheers...
Macdundee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do I have Inhibited RAD?

Postby Ada » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:01 pm

You're welcome here too! No Dx needed. This isn't a very busy part of the forum, unfortunately. But feel free to post to other topics here too. Sometimes it seems like everyone's just waiting for someone else to start the conversation. And then they'll jump in.

It might be good to contact a professional. If you think a diagnosis might help in some way. [Focusing support / skills learning / therapy, perhaps?]
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Charlie Chaplain in The Great Dictator
Ada
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:05 am
Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby wicked-child » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Macdundee wrote:Hi, I'm Jackson, and I'm new to Psychforums... :oops:

I suspect that I have this.

Tell us about your early experiences with your mother .
wicked-child
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Macdundee » Mon May 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi wicked-child,

As of now, I don't think that it would be much help if I were to explain to you my early experiences with my mother. Over the past few months, I have been hospitalized twice in a local psychiatric unit for severe depression. During these visits, I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, and I am aware that for someone to clinically have Inhibited Reactive Attachment disorder, they cannot fully meet the criteria for having any sort of Autism.

In my opinion, I would dig around and try to see if you meet the criteria for any Autistic disorder, first. But hey, do you own thing.
Macdundee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Reactive Attachment Disorder Forum