Our partner

im frightened

Rare diseases message board, open discussion, and online support group.

im frightened

Postby passionfruit3 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:20 am

So when I first born I had the umbilical chord trapped around my neck. That was then now I have a condition known as syringomyelia only the doctors said that it was to small to operate on. So I hadn't been back in a while or had another mri done so when certain situations i will not mention happened and landed me at the hospital I had a headache they took a ct scan and said there was a lot of fluid build up they don't know why now im seeing a new neurologist but were waiting for test results but it is very nerve racking to wait and not know
passionfruit3
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: im frightened

Postby FrayedEndOfSanity » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am

Hi passionfruit,

I had to look this up, so I'm posting a link from the Mayo clinic that explains what syringomyelia is.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/syringomyelia/DS01127

I know you're scared. But it's gonna be OK. The surgery might be as small as just draining the fluid or installing a shunt.

This world works in strange ways...looks like in this case, your hospital visit was beneficial for more than one thing.

Who knows? Maybe the buildup of fluid is actually responsible for your conversion disorder symptoms. Maybe the syringomyelia treatment will fix them, too. Keep us posted, will ya?

Take care.

--Frayed
Do not take my advice before talking to your doctor/counselor/other professional. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find free, confidential care. Most importantly, sometimes your shrink can be wrong. Get a second opinion.
FrayedEndOfSanity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 am

Re: im frightened

Postby Vandel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:29 pm

passionfruit3 wrote:...but were waiting for test results but it is very nerve racking to wait and not know

Yes I do... It would be completely natural to be feeling fear right now. When your life is kind of hanging in the sway and fray of existence. Left with your thoughts and discomforts is often very unsettling in the midst of adversity whatever the cause. Personally, I'm not really one for being left to my own devices, but it happens a lot. I am glad PassionFruit that you are still moving forward to get help though. I know you've been struggling with this for a while. You've posted a couple threads about what you're going through with the fluid issues over time. Keep your head up, and focus on where you're going. I've not had to deal with that specifically, but I can imagine it to be very distressing. Waiting... waiting... waiting... patience is a virtue they say. Any progress is still progress.
just me... trying to be... something more than I was yesterday. be well everyone.
Vandel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 am

Return to Rare Diseases