Our partner

Nightmare - Rapist Stabbed Service Dog

Open Discussions About Rape Trauma Syndrome.

Nightmare - Rapist Stabbed Service Dog

Postby LonelyVictim » Tue May 01, 2018 1:31 am

I've been having night terrors for about 6 months now, ever since finding out I was raped by a past lover, but my nightmares have always been about different situations where I have been physically or felt emotionally trapped. Before this nightmare, I hadn't dreamt of my assaulter in 8 months. I had a dream the other night I was at a music festival, and I saw him there, and I tried my best to avoid him. At one point he confronted me, and that's when I addressed him, telling him what he did to me was rape. I didn't realise it until after I ham told him, but he had been holding my small service dog in his arms the whole time, and had a knife in his chest.

The morning after this dream, I woke up to my dog in his cage in my room, and I couldn't stand to look at him all that day; I had a close confidant come over and help with my dog while I laid in my bed and sleep and cried all day; my dog kept checking on me, as he's been trained to do, but it would just trigger me more.

Since the dream, I've done much better at reconnecting with my dog, but it's been hard staring at his eyes, it makes me very emotional, thinking of how my assaulter has already hurt me so much, and that he had hurt him in my dream.

Any advice on how to deal with such distressing dreams?
LonelyVictim
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Nightmare - Rapist Stabbed Service Dog

Postby Terry E. » Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 am

Do you have a counselor? I wish I had more to offer.

Hope you are feeling a little better as the week goes by.

Hugs if wanted.

Take care.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Rape Trauma

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post