Our partner

is this rape? lost and confused

Open Discussions About Rape and Sexual Assault.

is this rape? lost and confused

Postby psychedelic » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:17 am

Hello, I am dealing with an issue now going back over the terrible and abusive things my ex partner has done to me over the past year, and a few months ago something happened that makes me question the real depth of everything that happened

one day, my partner and i engaged in sexual intercourse, i consented at first but during it i wanted to back out so i told them no, no. they stopped for a moment and i couldnt get any more words out after that so they kept going and i was stiff until they were done.

so i come with the question, is this sexual assault/rape? i always feel like i'm losing my mind thinking about these things, like as if its not real, it couldn't be me, it could never happen to me... so i come to ask others and clear my head of all of this horrible $#%^ and get the facts and everything straight..
psychedelic
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: is this rape? lost and confused

Postby Allcoulors » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:05 pm

I wouldnt consider it rape but its not up tot me to deal with it. What do you think? That's the most important answer
Allcoulors
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:20 am

Postby Snaga » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:26 am

From the outside, it seems to be in a grey area- short of violence, threats, or doing things when a person is unconscious, is what a partner does, rape? I don't consider it so- but that doesn't mean it's not abusive behaviour, either.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Postby lilyfairy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:01 am

Yes, it is. Even though you initially said yes, it's ok to change your mind if you're not comfortable. This article might help. https://www.healthline.com/health/was-i-raped

Hugs if you'd like some.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:20 pm

Return to Rape and Sexual Assault

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post