Our partner

Does This Count As Sexual Assault?

Open Discussions About Rape and Sexual Assault.

Does This Count As Sexual Assault?

Postby showmethestars » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:33 am

When I was about twelve, I was visiting my grandparents, and bumped into this kid who was saying that he knew me in kindergarten. I was a little skeptical, since he looked like he was about seventeen, but he knew my name so I ignored it. (Granted, I probably shouldn't have. It was a small town where everybody knew everybody)

He stepped into the yard and blocked me up against a tree before asking if he could come inside. I nodded and showed him around. I showed him my old room, my mom's old room, the bathrooms, and then took him back into the hallway. He noticed that there was an extra room that led from the laundry room, and asked to see what it was.

I told him we weren't allowed to go in there, but he told me it would just be a short period of time. I gave in, and took him into the back room. It had a bed in the middle of it, and without a warning, he pushed me up against it and began to kiss me. Then he moved his hand up to my shoulder and touched the collar of my shirt, and consequently, my neck, after which I decided to finally push him away. He pulled back, and I ran downstairs and hid under a desk since my sister was there to cover me.

It's been about four years, and I'm still terrified to visit my grandparents sometimes, and I know it's not my fault it happened, but I don't know if it counts as sexual assault or not. Even if it does, I don't know his last name, I haven't seen him around anywhere, and I don't remember what he looks like since I was so panicked. I don't know what I would do if it counted as sexual assault.
showmethestars
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does This Count As Sexual Assault?

Postby seabreezeblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:49 pm

It definitely does.. :(

You were about 12, he was about 17 - so even if you'd been fine with being kissed (you clearly weren't!), then it would be assault due to the fact that you weren't able to consent.

Have you told your parents or anyone about what happened? and if not, do you feel able to? xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:14 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby showmethestars » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 am

Yes, I've told my sister about it, but neither of us have told anyone else. I've been thinking of talking to my mom about it, but I don't know what she'd be able to do about it now, and even though my dad is the one who knows what the laws are, I don't feel comfortable talking to him about it.

Thank you for helping me out, but I really don't know what I can do about it.
showmethestars
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby seabreezeblue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:32 am

If your mom would be supportive, then it sounds like a good idea to tell her - just bear in mind that once you've told your mom, if her and your dad are close, then it's likely that she'll feel that she has to talk to your dad.
Would you be okay with your dad knowing as long as you aren't the one that has to try and find a way of telling him? xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:14 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby showmethestars » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:17 am

I told my mom about it last night, she was very supportive and told me she would see what she could do. I didn't bring up my dad, but I don't think she'll tell him. Even so, I'm okay with him knowing, I just don't think I can find a way to tell him myself.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it :)
showmethestars
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Rape and Sexual Assault

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post