Our partner

Jungian Silent Treatment: Typical?

Psychotherapy message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Jungian Silent Treatment: Typical?

Postby Ballade » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm

I have been in weekly sessions with a Jungian psychoanalyst for over a year. (I realize this is not that long for this.) I record dreams nearly every night and pick one that seems the most significant to relate my psychoanalyst. He’s pleasant and engaged, asks me the occasional question, but neither assists me with interpretation nor likes me to attempt to do so myself. Early along, he exclaimed that I was split (no argument) but by now I feel like I’m chasing my tale with the same handful of dreams with which I began. I am beginning to wonder what my expectations should be. Is merely bringing the same few complexes to consciousness alone supposed to do the work without analysis? If so—not to put too fine a point on it—what do I need a psychoanalyst for?

I do feel he knows me very well, but I am wondering what feedback I should expect. I realize each psychoanalyst-analysand relationship is different, but... Throw me a bone here!
Ballade
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Jungian Silent Treatment: Typical?

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 pm

What are the symptoms you went into treatment for? What are your goals for treatment?

And what do you mean by being "split?"

The answers to those questions could help determine whether this is even the right kind of therapy for you.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Psychotherapy