Our partner

Nightmares after sessions

Psychotherapy message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Nightmares after sessions

Postby Tbtg1510 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:55 am

Has anyone had experience with this after their sessions? I am dealing with anxiety so I think this may be normal but I haven't had nightmares in years.
The dreams are around someone trying to kill my and watching my friend be murdered. Needless to say, not very fun!
Tbtg1510
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Nightmares after sessions

Postby TheBrit » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:05 pm

What kind of psychotherapy are you taking?
"An it harm none, do what ye will."
Wiccan Rede (shortened)
TheBrit
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Re: Nightmares after sessions

Postby Wally58 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:33 pm

I'd say that it is fairly common in therapy as it uncovers buried feelings and events.
I had really intense dreams where they almost felt like they really happened. It also blurred reality during my waking hours wondering what was real and what wasn't. Luckily I had someone close to me telling me that the dreams weren't real.
It was an uncomfortable period, but subsided after awhile.
It was during a heavy medication and therapy regimen after release from a hospital. I was still unemployable, but they said to concentrate on getting stable first.
Hopefully yours subside soon. Look at it as part of the mind getting better. The therapy is obviously working as it is digging up something.
Discuss this with your therapist if you haven't already.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:19 am

Return to Psychotherapy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post