Our partner

Therapist/Patient boundaries?

Psychotherapy message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Therapist/Patient boundaries?

Postby blue89blue » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 pm

Both me and my therapist are in 20's. Only he is in his late 20's. I only started seeing him for a few sesions now, but I don't know if the therapy will work out. I don't really see him as my "therapist". I see him more as just a man I find attractive normally, and would like to get to know. More as a friend. The boundraries that are in place feel fake. This is probably because of the small age difference. I feel that the therapy won't work, as I want to get to know him and I feel attracted to him, but at the same time I feel like I can't end it because I don't think I could handle not seeing him. I feel terrible, but I feel the need to push the boundaries that are in place, since I want to be close to him. He is very ethical I suppose, I sometimes try to touch him, but he moves away. Not in a sexual manner, but just to be able to touch his hand at least slightly. Sometimes I won and poked his hand. It is silly, but it feels painful to be in this situation. I told him about my attraction, but he didn't really say anything about it. What should I do ?
blue89blue
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Psychotherapy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post