Our partner

I Think I Have A Bad Therapist

Psychotherapy message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

I Think I Have A Bad Therapist

Postby mentallydisordered » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Hello people,

I'm in therapy for 3,5 months now, but I think I have a bad therapist, but because I don't know very much about therapy I'm not sure of that, but fact is, I don't know what we are doing. I'm there for more then 3 months now and we still have no goals. I don't know which problems she wants to treat and how we gonna do that? All we do is talking a bit, sometimes about her, sometimes out me for 45 minutes and then I go. I don't feel anything different.
mentallydisordered
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I Think I Have A Bad Therapist

Postby John-45 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:07 am

Hello,
There is some thought about your question. What if you decide what exactly you want from therapy, what goal would you like to achieve and in what time frame. And if your therapist match this, you’ll definitely feel it.
John-45
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Postby Misarty » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:28 am

There are so many different styles of therapy; you may not have a 'bad' therapist, (although there are, like anything, bad ones about). However, if you feel that your therapist is not for you, have a look around for someone that will suit you better or a therapy style that is for you.
You could also have a session with your therapist to discuss why her therapy isn't for you.
I think if you have doubts, it's always good to listen to them, especially where therapy is concerned.
My guideline: A therapist, (more than anything) should allow you to feel safe to explore stuff- if you're having doubts about your therapy, talk about it with them, and if you can't, you're not feeling safe. :D
Hope that helps.
Misarty
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:46 pm

Postby eterea107 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 am

Your T should have discussed treatment goals and your treatment plan in the beginning. I understand your concern.

Ts work for the client. They provide a service. She needs to get it together. It's your time, your health, your money.
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Return to Psychotherapy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post