Our partner

Extremly Vivid Dtreams for ADHD and Bipolar

Primary Sleep Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Extremly Vivid Dtreams for ADHD and Bipolar

Postby Deku123 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Howdy!
I dont take medicine as I can function very well and I can for the most part control my bipolar. I was wondering if anyone else has extremely vivd dreams aswell like if it was a youtube video it would be easily 1080P. My dreams are normally extremely weird and jumpy with sometimes it being mundane and other times it being fantasy. I cant really explain some dreams due to how jumpy they are but lately ive been able to "control" my dreams. For example when I wake up if I enjoy it enough I can easily fall back asleep with the same "theme" , but sometimes it jumps to another "scene". I can control myself in the dreams and it feels like im "in there" not just waking up and remembering. I've never questioned if a dream really happened and accept that they are just dreams. I can easily remember in vague detail dreams i've had over two years ago better than some events in my life. Is this normal? I recently registered here because last night I had the most vivid dream ive ever had to the point where I could hear the snow crush beneath my feet and see the snow fall as well as having a superhero fight(think Avengers civil war) were it was that everyone was fighting not just me if that makes any sense? I do get bad dreams rarely but when I do I can always manage to talk to it and manage to turn it into more of a weird dream than a nightmare. Am I normal or should I be concerned that this is a sign for something worse?
Deku123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Extremly Vivid Dtreams for ADHD and Bipolar

Postby Tanoujin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am

Hi Deku1233!
Congrats that you can control your bipolar without taking meds. Of course I am curious what you are doing to control it. I am F25.8
Yes, I have very vivid dreams myself, high resolution, dolby surround and technicolor and even smells ;) Additionally I have a body in my dreams most of the time, and of course I feel its position and moves and the haptic input and temperature.
Sometimes this dreams are very hard to explain because magical things happen with changing perspectives, structures and twisting plots.
Sometimes I have a bit of control, but that is not always the case, especially if the plot is about conflict, which I have very often. And yes, I can continue my dreams after a short time of being awake.
Sure, the are „only“ dreams, but they determine my mood and in fact I need some time to get ready for the day, and I have flashbacks during the day.
I think it is the wrong question to ask if that is „normal“. Some people remember their dreams, some don’t. Most people would wish they could remember them. You can train that to a little extent.

Somewhat it is a gift. I would not worry if it does not affect your everyday stuff in a negative way. It is nice you can turn a nightmare into something else. I have read that is a advanced technique for lucid dreamers. So it is cool you can do it, others need years to get there.

There are dream interpretation groups, I am sure they would be happy to have you! My therapist offers such a group where people share their dreams and get a psychological interpretation from her. Possibly that is something you would enjoy too. I am sure there are such groups on the web as well.

My fav dream, about 8 months old: I was a walrus, escaping from an inuit hunter by swimming into a cave of an iceberg :)

Sorry I have no interpretation for that, but it felt good to be such a strong and successful creature…

Do not worry, I think everything is alright. Do you want to share a dream here? Could be fun to have a thread for it, eh?
Tanoujin
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 am

Re: Extremly Vivid Dtreams for ADHD and Bipolar

Postby Tanoujin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:53 am

Dream 3/4 2018-7-16 tan

I have a job to do. There are about twenty plastic bags filled with with 4 different types tiny bones (bird or mouse) all mixed together and I have to sort them to pick the scapula out. We are in a hall, the tables standing in a horseshoe arrangement, preparing for a party. People walk around, working on the decoration, the band is playing already in warm up mode, early guests are coming in.

The scapulae are needed for the rhythm-machine, they need to be filled in a container from where they will drop out on a drum’s membrane. I am in a hurry, we will launch in a couple minutes.
The room quickly fills up. I am late. The people disturb me. I need room for my bowls, but they put snacks and confetti and paper streamers on the tables. Someone moves around with a ladder to check the chinese lanterns overhead. My stuff keeps disappearing. People constantly take it away and store it in distant places.

I am struggling, trying to keep a friendly face. I feel stressed. The rhythm machine will be used for the grand opening. I realize I will not be ready in time. The battle is lost. My partner comes over, it is time to get on our places. She pulls my sleeve in a gentle way. The band stops playing in the background. The people mumble in the sudden silence. The band leader looks at me and shrugs while I move over.

The boss’s assistant comes by, I wave at him, he rises an eyebrow:

„are we ready?“
„not at all, I can not work under such circumstances“
„too bad!“

He walks past me and disappears through the door of the office, closing the door behind him.

Silence. Everybody stares at the office door. I am fatalistic. The worst case did come true.

Suddelnly the door opens, and the band starts to play in forte. Everybody is on their feet now. Assistant and boss come out, wearing tuxes. They have weiqui bowls in their hands and shake them. The assistant wears the black stone bowl, and the boss the one with the white stones. The stones are not visible, but I know it nevertheless. They play the part of the machine that I failed to feed.

After the tune the boss delivers a short speech. Everyone applauds. Champagne is served. The boss comes over to my seat. He asks:

„How much did we pay you for the seven days around christmas? Anyway, I will cut that to three days because of your failure.“

I get angry and answer:

„You know what, I am quitting. Obviously you can do all yourself. I feel my help is no longer needed“

„That’s all up to you, have a nice evening“ he replies and walks away.

Obviously I have to leave now. I wake up.
Tanoujin
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 am

Return to Primary Sleep Disorders Forum