Our partner

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Something Else?

Primary Sleep Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Something Else?

Postby flutterflier » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:30 pm

My "tired spells" started about 2 years ago. I remember I would be fine and normal but then randomly get very very tired for about 2-3 weeks in a row. This happened infrequently and it wasn't that inconvenient in the beginning.

But then a year had passed and it suddenly got really really bad for about 2 entire months. I couldn't do anything because I was so sleep. I slept about 15 hours a day, and wanted to go to sleep whenever I was actually awake.
One time I couldn't even walk because I was so tired. My mom asked me if I could bring her something from the kitchen and I cried because I realized I couldn't.

But then it eventually went away.

And now it's back again. Just as bad as that time. Right now I am so freaking tired. I sleep nonstop. I've missed school and I've refused to go places just because I feel like I'm about to drop dead. I've been wanting to go to the bookstore today so badly, but I feel like if I drive, I'll get in a car wreck for being so tired. Last night I did drive and I felt really off, I almost asked my mom if she could drive on the way back.

I can't even do fun things. It's so hard to read(which I love doing). I can't pay attention to TV shows. Studying? Impossible. It just sucks.
It's not worth it.
flutterflier
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Something Else?

Postby Wally58 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:48 am

Definitely discuss this with your physician. CFS is difficult to diagnose and wouldn't be my first guess. The doctor has to rule out many other possibilities before any CFS diagnosis can be made.
Did anything significant happen 2 years ago that might have brought this on? Any major event, lifestyle, health or medication change?
You may be asked to take part in a 24-hour diagnostic sleep study. It could just be depression. Get checked out. Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:46 pm

Postby flutterflier » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Wally58 wrote:Definitely discuss this with your physician. CFS is difficult to diagnose and wouldn't be my first guess. The doctor has to rule out many other possibilities before any CFS diagnosis can be made.
Did anything significant happen 2 years ago that might have brought this on? Any major event, lifestyle, health or medication change?
You may be asked to take part in a 24-hour diagnostic sleep study. It could just be depression. Get checked out. Best of luck to you. :D

I went to the doctor about a year ago. They took some blood and did some tests but everything was fine in that department. They never asked me to come back.
It's not worth it.
flutterflier
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Postby Wally58 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:19 pm

But they did discuss the bloodwork results with you and said that it all was normal, correct?
Now I would ask the doctor what the next step is. Tell them that you need an answer to this problem.
Sometimes you have to keep telling them that you need help and then they will listen to you.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:46 pm

Return to Primary Sleep Disorders Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post