Our partner

Exploding head syndrome

Primary Sleep Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Exploding head syndrome

Postby guyonthewall » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Has anyone learned how to beat exploding head syndrome? The only thing I have found that works is taking way to many sleeping medications until I am forced to sleep. I know this is dangerous and not recommended which is why I am asking for what others have come up with.
guyonthewall
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Exploding head syndrome

Postby Lineapple » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 am

I dont have this syndrome but i also hear noises when i sleep that people tell me isnt there. It does not bother me, so im sorry i dont have great advice, but what i will do if i cannot sleep or to distract myself is to put on a CD(usually upbeat music) that you can fall asleep to but will turn off automatically. Have you told anyone close to you that you have this syndrome? That can help.
Lineapple
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Postby guyonthewall » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 pm

I have tried music and white noise machines but the loud screaming sound I hear (sounds like a man screaming inside my head) easily covers up any outside sound. My GF knows about it but is lost on how to help.
guyonthewall
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Postby Jamie514 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:59 pm

guyonthewall wrote:Has anyone learned how to beat exploding head syndrome? The only thing I have found that works is taking way to many sleeping medications until I am forced to sleep. I know this is dangerous and not recommended which is why I am asking for what others have come up with.

I don't have this kind of head syndrome. You can contact with a doctor for better information.
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Return to Primary Sleep Disorders Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post