Our partner

Nightime urination and psych meds?

Primary Sleep Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Nightime urination and psych meds?

Postby breakachilles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 pm

I began requiring psychotropic meds at the age of 18 after an onset of depression, anxiety, etc. I also experienced an urge to urinate. After my psychological symptoms had become controlled, my urinary symptoms began to increase. I began to not only experience urinary frequency during the day, but also the need to wake up 1-2 times a night 4x per week.
At the age of 24, my meds were: lexapro, buspar, and klonopin rather than ativan. At this point, waking up 1-2x per night was the norm and I began to suffer from nocturnal enuresis on a nightly basis. Soon after, around age 25, I was not only incontinent during the night, but began to become incontinent during the day, as well as waking up 5-8x per night to urinate.

I have been to 8 urologists (2 of which were “wasted” appts given their unrelated urological specialties that I was not made aware of, along with extra charges that were too much to pay) 1 neurologist, and 2 endocrinologists who ruled out diabetes mellitus and insipidous along with other potential endocrine issues. They were not convinced that the lithium created a lasting effect either. I have not seen a nephrologist.

BPH and OAB meds. Tests: scopes, urodynamics, ultrasounds, cultures, labs, MRI. Intervention: interstim.
1 urologist detected a stricture, another did not. The second urologist did point out my prostate was not that of a 28 year old, but not “wonky” enough to deem it a problem for now.

There are no urinary pills, or class of pills, to be revisited.
Anyone have experience with any type of psychotropic drug that seemed to be the only possibility for uncharacteristic urinary symptoms??
breakachilles
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Nightime urination and psych meds?

Postby Eliepiper » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:38 am

There are dead things in my bed. All the time when I try to wake up, they have a voice like gravel and grave dirt, rough and dark and try to pull me down in hell with them. So I don't wake up ever again. Never, ever wake up again!
I have no medications or dreams or friends.

-- Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 pm --

There are dead things in my bed. All the time when I try to wake up, they have a voice like gravel and grave dirt, rough and dark and try to pull me down in hell with them. So I don't wake up ever again. Never, ever wake up again!
I have no medications or dreams or friends.
Eliepiper
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Primary Sleep Disorders Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post