Our partner

Dreams so vivid, Loosing track of reality

Primary Sleep Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Dreams so vivid, Loosing track of reality

Postby Emmy6824 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:06 pm

For about half a year, maybe longer I've been having very vivid dreams. Whether it be 20 minutes long to a few hours long. It's always extremely vivid and detailed. I can remember every single dream I've had and it's getting worse. I've been sleeping longer and longer because I can't wake up from my dreams and now sometimes everything around me seems so fake.
I've even gone so far as to have dreams that I couldn't wake up from- like I knew it was a dream in the dream but I had to perform a bunch of tasks to wake up. I've woken up screaming and when I die in a dream...I don't die I just regenerate or I tell myself it's a dream and I can go back in time and stop myself from dying. So, I'm not sure what's wrong. I always over sleep now and I feel awful.
Granted this doesn't happen every night, only 6/7 nights. So, I get lucky if I get one good nights rest. I have no idea what's going on with me. But like I said it's only getting worse and worse.
Emmy6824
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dreams so vivid, Loosing track of reality

Postby Oliveira » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello,

are you currently taking any medication? When I was taking seroquel (quetiapine) I had a similar side effect, my dreams seemed more vivid than reality actually. I was looking forward to going to bed because my "awake" life was rather dull and I knew when I fall asleep I will get to watch a technicolor movie.
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Postby Emmy6824 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 pm

No, I'm not currently on anything. I haven't been on any medication in the past for sleep, either. I'm really not sure what's wrong- it's actually basically what you said it was like too. I have crazy dreams that are awesome/exciting but when I wake up my life is boring.
Emmy6824
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby bunnybug » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:06 pm

Possible neurological condition? I would talk immediately with a doctor just to sort out what it might be. It could be anything, so just play it safe.
Do not be proud of your disorder, be proud it does not define you and your struggles with it.
bunnybug
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Primary Sleep Disorders Forum