Our partner

is it normal?

Pregnancy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

is it normal?

Postby pheonixrise » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 am

This is my first pregnancy. I'm 29wks along, baby has been perfectly healthy so far, a little ahead of the average.

Yesterday I was in a car accident. Went to hospital, was monitored for 4 hours and the ob and nurses were all very happy with my blood work and the baby's movements and heartbeat. So I was allowed to go home.

Today I've barely felt her move, and when she does it's really sluggish. It's very odd for her. But I'm not in any pain (except for the bruising and a bit of whiplash), and there's no bleeding or unusual discharge. Everything other then her movements points towards her being okay.

So is it normal for the baby to be so sluggish the day after an accident? I know I am, so it does in a way make sense that she would be too. Today I've only taken my usual tablets - zoloft, multivits, iron and vit D. I've had no painkillers or done anything else out of the ordinary today.
pheonixrise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:20 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: is it normal?

Postby Simon Attwood » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 am

The best thing a mother can do for her unborn child is to try to avoid stressful situations. Unfortunately the car accident was unavoidable, but try not to stress yourself further as your child experiences this stress too. If you are in any doubt, go see your doc/obgyn again and just mention your concerns that you feel the baby isn't moving about as much today and put your mind at rest.
http://sycofx.wordpress.com/

"From the highest person to the lowest person, self-development must be deemed the root of all, by every person. If this root is neglected, what grows from it cannot be well-ordered." Confucius
Simon Attwood
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

If your baby is not moving as much as usual I strongly advise you to see your Dr. It may well be nothing but it is far better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby pheonixrise » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:31 am

I ended up calling a midwife at the hospital yesterday. She advised me to drink cold cola, lay down for an hour, and do a kick count - and it worked! (: Today she's still being a bit lazy, but she's moving quite regularly and strongly. I'm planning to take my husband to the doctor on Friday so he can be checked out, and I'll see the doctor at that time as well.

Thank you both (:
pheonixrise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:20 am

Postby CrackedGirl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:24 am

I am so glad, that is a tip I will remember!

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby LadyMarian » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:25 pm

I think this is normal but if you want to be absolutely sure that everything is OK go and see a doctor. Just try not to panic and think positive. Don't worry because this is not healthy for you and for the baby. Wish you everything the best :)
LadyMarian
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Return to Pregnancy