Our partner

Pregnancy & Medication

Pregnancy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Medication while Pregnant

Yes- anti-depressant
25%
Yes- anti-anxiety
No votes
Yes- anti-psychotic
25%
Yes- Other
25%
I was but got off
No votes
No
25%

Total votes : 4

Pregnancy & Medication

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Curious to see who remained on medication throughout your whole pregnancy, did you also breastfeed?
If so what were you on? Any side effects to the child when it was born?
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Pregnancy & Medication

Postby Spokane Girl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:46 am

I quit taking my medication.
Titanic is a good diaper movie, lots of flooding.
Spokane Girl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:47 pm

What were you on?

I called motherRisk about being on Effexor and she checked all the research etc for it and told me it was safe to be on, and to breast feed on... as long as you are under the 14% I believe, then it's ok.
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Spokane Girl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:37 pm

I took imipramine and I stopped when I wanted to get pregnant but I don't have a baby anymore because I found out the next day I had miscarried. I had to get everything out of me yesterday.
Titanic is a good diaper movie, lots of flooding.
Spokane Girl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Spokane Girl wrote:I took imipramine and I stopped when I wanted to get pregnant but I don't have a baby anymore because I found out the next day I had miscarried. I had to get everything out of me yesterday.

I'm sorry. :(
I had one too this past May, it was extremely quick and I wasn't far along.
Had 2 positive tests, then a negative on that Sunday I knew it was gone just before though.

Are you going to try again ?
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MAc09 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 am

Clomiphene citrate is a selective estrogen receptor modulator [SERM] that helps women to achieve pregnancy. It acts on the gonadotropin-releasing hormone [GnRH] that helps to produce and release more pituitary gonadotropin - luteinizing hormone [LH] and follicle-stimulating hormone [FSH]. LH helps to produce testosterone. FSH is involved in stimulating the spermatogenic tissues in men as well as ovarian follicular development in women, which results in the release of one or more eggs for conception.

Uses of Clomid

Women who suffer from anovulation [when the ovaries do not release an egg on a monthly basis] due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - PCOS [when there may be cessation of periods, irregular periods, or heavy bleeding due to ovarian cysts], are prevented from conceiving because of their medical condition. Generic Clomid, the "fertility drug", takes care of this. Due to increased ovulation, such women may give birth to twins, or even triplets.

This medication is sometimes prescribed to men who face fertility problems because of low sperm counts. Clomiphene not only increases the sperm count in such individuals, but also increases the sperm motility [ability to swim over to an egg], which helps in fertilizing the egg.

How to Use Clomid

Take the dose exactly as prescribed. It can be taken with water. For women the initial dose may be 50mg a day and the medicine has to be taken on day 3, 4 or 5 of the woman's menstrual cycle for 5 days. The doctor may increase the dose, if need be. Most women conceive within the first 6 months of Clomid therapy if that does not happen, consult your doctor.

In men, since sperm maturation takes long, treatment with Clomiphene has to be taken for 6 months at least.
For more information visit here: edited by mod
:P :P :P
MAc09
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Postby steveroger » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 am

The wait to bring a new life surfacing out of our own body is the one that all of us aspire to experience at least once in our lifetime. This period is called Pregnancy. Responsibilities and growing concern for the new life now plays a significant role as we set foot on the path that transmutes one from a woman into a mother. Among these is our duty to the life that is yet to be and how we can give of ourselves, in body and spirit, to form and nurture the new life that we seek to bring into existence.Symptoms of pregnancy are different from women to women. But, the most common pregnancy sign in all is delayed or missed period. Some may experience the EDITED BY MOD LINK CONTAINS ADVERTISING as early as within a week of conception, some may experience it later and few may not experience any initial pregnancy symptoms. Find out articles and information ranging from early signs of pregnancy, to pregnancy week by week symptoms and development, to the arrival of the baby.
steveroger
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby shallsam96 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:52 am

High blood pressure is dangerous during pregnancy and should be treated with medication if it is too out of hand, but it is up to an OB to tell you whether or not the benefits outweigh the risks and if the medication you are taking is the right one for you now that you are pregnant. Search for tips on health resource site.You can also call a 24 hour pharmacist and see what they say about it.
shallsam96
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Pregnancy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post