Our partner

what do you do if you can't afford your meds

Postpartum Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

what do you do if you can't afford your meds

Postby downward spiral » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:38 am

I am in a vicious downward spiral and I think I've come close to the bottom. I was diagnosed with PPD shortly after I had my second daughter who is now almost 9 months old. When I was diagnosed I had health insurance and was able to afford the Lexapro, I was on it for about two months then my maternity leave was up and I decided to not go back to work and lost my health benefits because we couldn't afford cobra, so I stopped taking the Lexapro. I hid the fact that I wasn't doing well from everyone. After about 4 months I went back to work again for about two months and but I couldn't handle it. But the good thing was that I had health insurance for a short time and was able to get my Lexapro again. Now I have been off my Lexapro again for a month and this is the worse that I have been, I have considered packing my things and leaving my family behind. I am feeling so hopeless and desparate, because without health insurance I can't talk to my doctor, because we can't afford the office visit and I can't afford to buy the Lexapro out right because they are $5 a pill. I am in the process of getting medicaid, but it is taking forever. I think that I need help now, but I don't know of anyway that I can get help without insurance.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it
downward spiral

ADVERTISEMENT

free meds

Postby guest » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:19 pm

Hi, I have a phone number that may help you. It is 1-888-4PPA-NOW My husband had seen a commercial for this. I called and they were very helpful. They have info on many different drug companies and organizations around the US that offer assistance with meds or even free meds. I hope this can help. I understand how you feel without insurance. Best of luck.

Postby Berries » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:07 am

So sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes the best answers can be found within your community. In the city I used to live in, there was a public mental-health clinic that was pretty easy to work with and that supplied meds. There also was a doctor's office there that accepted no insurance and gave patients who needed antidepressants enough samples to equal a prescription. Do you know of anyone in your area who might have information on the resources there?
Berries
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Postpartum Depression Forum