Our partner

don't know what to do

Postpartum Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

don't know what to do

Postby Rose22 » Tue May 24, 2005 7:21 am

I think I might be deppressed but I'm terrified to tell anyone. Just posting this message was REALLY hard for me to do. My daugter's 2 1/2 months old. And I just don't seem to be enjoying her presence here. I would never do anything to hurt her. My boyfriend has so much fun with her, he just loves her to death, but I really can't say I feel the same way, and it's really starting to scare me. I refuse to tell this to my bf, even though I think he know's somethings wrong. My doctor's asked me a few times now if i've been feeling deppressed, but I just keep telling her I'm fine.
I just don't know what to do. I can't eat, or sleep, and I feel sick all the time. I don't have many friends, but the one's I do have I can't talk to about this, they don't have kids, they would never understand.
Sorry if I'm rambling, but I just really needed to get this off my chest.
Rose22
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby sweetngentle » Tue May 24, 2005 8:14 am

It sounds like you may have post partum depression. I would go to your doctor and discuss this with him. He/she will be able to tell you wheher or not you are suffering fro post partum depression. It might also be recommended that you take a small dose of a anti depressent till you get safely beyond these first few months with your new baby.
Kathy
Blessed are those
who can give without
remembering, and take
without forgetting.
sweetngentle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:21 pm

thanx anyways

Postby Rose22 » Wed May 25, 2005 4:50 am

I was at my doctors today, but I just could work up the nerve to mention it to her. I've been doing a lot of research about ppd, and I really think I might have it. I could check off just about every syptom on the list.

I was on Paxil befor for socail anxiety disorder. My doctor gave my a bunch of sample packs. And once they started to work I felt so great, but then I ran out and I was to afriad to ask for more.

Thanx a lot for the advice, but I think I'll just try to deal with it on my own.
Rose22
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Guest » Sat May 28, 2005 2:31 pm

After I had my son I suffered from depression and was on anti depressents, it was all caused by a chemical inbalance in the brain so to help yourself you may well need the medicines.
I found then non habit forming and when they did their job I was able to leave them off with no ill effects. It took a while but now I'm back as good as before.
The hardest thing is admitting to the problem (which you have already done) and asking for help.
Please give it a try as this time when they are small goes so quickly it is a pity to miss out.
Thinking of you.

went to my doctor

Postby Rose22 » Sun May 29, 2005 5:49 am

I went to my doctor's the other day. I didn't even have to say anything about ppd, she just guessed it. She said I look very depressed.
She gave me Effexol, and said they'd take about a week to start working.
I hope they work, cause right now i'm feeling pretty useless. I so badly just want to pack up and leave.
My boyfriend's better with the baby than I am, so I know she'd be fine, if I did leave.
I just don't know what to do. I can't deal with the baby along with all the other crap that's come up. I just can't stand feeling this way. I should love my daugter, and not just pretend to, But that's just what I've been doing these last few months...pretending.
Sorry again for rambling, but after almost 3 months of living in misery, I've finally been able to talk about everything I've been feeling.
(And I know how horrible it sounds to say that I don't love my own child, but I just can't help how I feel.)
Rose22
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby juwat99 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:32 pm

I am new to this site, but when I read your post I felt like I needed to write. I do not know if you are still checking your messages, as your post is three months old, but I wanted to know how things are going with you. Your baby should be about six months old now, right? First thing that I wanted to let you know was that it is NOT TRUE that the second your baby is born, unequivocal love just mysteriously happens. It takes time, and patience, for a bond to grow stronger, for love to take over. I am a mother of three children, and have suffered post-partum depression after the first and third {kinda wierd that nothing happened after the second child!}. After the first, my husband and doctor kind of backed me into a corner into admitting that I needed help. I ended up going into a hospital for a few days, and believe me, the sleep I was able to get seemed to help more than the medication! I did go on meds for a short time, a couple of months, and life eventually evened out. I have done nothing after my third, who is almost a year old. Other family issues have taken over, and not helped in my general depression. Anyway, having a child is a MAJOR life adjustment! The more support that you have {and your boyfriend sure sounds like a big help} the better. I hope that you have found someone to talk to about this, maybe a family member or close friend, if not your doctor. Talking about it and being armed with information is very helpful. I hope that you will write back, and let me know how things are going now, months later, if you are adjusting to motherhood or if things are about the same.
juwat99
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:21 pm

things are better

Postby Rose22 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:55 pm

Things are MUCH better now. I started seeing about 3 different counsellers, and I'm on anti deppresents and other pills to help me sleep. I did get really really bad for a while there but my boyfriend is amazing so he's been a BIG help. But like I said, much better now. I havn't felt this great in a LONG time actually. My daughters 5 1/2 months now and doing great!
Thanks for your concern
Rose
Rose22
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Postpartum Depression Forum