Our partner

Coping Tips For Deprssed And/Or Angry People

Postpartum Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Coping Tips For Deprssed And/Or Angry People

Postby puppyluva » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:39 am

My story and my coping ways....Hope it helps for you too!

I have had depression most of my life it has been a huge struggle. I did not want to get help for it for many years as i thought i should be a strong woman and be capable of looking after myself. I was wrong and after years of depression i took some simple steps and i feel so much better, not 100% but getting there. I am on medication and i am seeing a therapist in a months time. I just wanted to share my own ways of coping with depression and to distract my mind from depressing thoughts. I was shopping at a local shop and i came across some blank canvas pictures. I thought maybe i could do some painting. I bought some canvas pictures and paints and i started to paint and i absolutely loved it. So theraputic. I would recommend it to anyone. I painted winnie the pooh holding a rose stood in the grass and a message to my boyfriend and in the background it has sun sky and trees ,flowers and when i look at it i am so proud of myself and it feels fantastic that my boyfriend appreciates it too he put it on the wall and every one thinks it is brilliant too. When your painting you get so sucked in to it that it helps you escape from reality and you are concerntrating on the colours and the styles etc...I also took up drawing and i drew a picture for all the members of my family and my boyfriend and it was amazing. When ever you feel sad, angry try painting/drawing/stitching anything that uplifts you. I also paint like a description of my emotions but in a picture style and thats good aswell as i'm getting it all out on canvas pictures that is expressing myself. I also found that walking a dog and throwing a ball for it or running with the dog is good. I think aswell that having a pet in the house is great too. Train yourself that if you ever feel down , you go stroke or cuddle your pets because you know you can rely on them for unconditional love. I have a hamster and i have trained myself to get him out of the cage and show him affection and talk to him because it helps me because i know my hamster loves me and i love him too. Writing down on a letter is a good way to let all your feelings out. For the people who get angry often and end up breaking things alot or get violent with people or there partners a good idea which can help some people is by buying a big bean bag or lots of teddys and when you get angry you throw the teddys instead or you throw the bean bag. sounds silly but it is better than breaking things that you will regret or hurting someone and causing pain or death to that person as we all know violence can lead to that. When i get really angry with my boyfriend when we occassionally argue i have trained myself to take a deep breath and say ''i love you and i dont want to argue with you and i am more than willing to sit down and talk with you if you can do the same'' if that person is not willing just say ''can we not argue please and talk when we have calmed down''...i even say to him ''shall i make a cup of tea for us both so we can relax and de-stress and maybe talk when we have both cooled down''. usually works its great. I just believe that we only have one chance in life and people and animals should not be living in pain and misery and that in life the best thing is, is been known as a very nice person you can't beat that rewarding feeling in my opinion. we all know listening to music can be great too. when i get stressed i put a de-stress relaxing music cd on or just sit in the quiet put my feet up and have a nice warm cup of tea , wrap myself in my blanket and BAN myself from thinking negative thoughts obviously it isnt all that easy but what can i say ..you have to try. LOVE, PEACE AND JOY.
puppyluva
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Coping Tips For Deprssed And/Or Angry People

Postby jasmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi, puppyluva! Those are really good suggestions, I think I will try them too! Thank you!
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Postpartum Depression Forum