Our partner

Post natal depression..

Postpartum Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Post natal depression..

Postby Manners73 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:34 pm

I had this when I had my daughter and I didn't even know I had it until she was an adult.

I went quite literally mad and it turned into psychosis and unfortunately resentment towards my child. However because I was never diagnosed I'm only guessing it was to do with having a child.

I just wanna say that if you're a new mother (any age) and you feel inadequate, depressed, resentful or like you've lost who "you" are as a person then you're completely normal and you're definitely not alone.

Talk to someone and don't feel ashamed to say "I can't ######6 cope with this, it's all to much and I need help".
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Post natal depression..

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Great advice and thank you for sharing for others to get insight into what they may go through. I just say this because if I'd have read this back when I was experiencing these symptoms maybe I would have sought help and felt better about myself and also have taken much joy in being with my little ones instead of suffering from a depression that was not my fault at all. Instead, I felt I was a bad mother.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (121)

Return to Postpartum Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies