Our partner

Feeling a little better

Postpartum Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Feeling a little better

Postby user23621 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 pm

I am doing better than I was. I am taking St. Johns wart now. Dont get me wrong I still fuss at times. My baby is very active and she is hating diaper changes so, she moves alot. She is showing her independence now. I realize my husband caused my Anxiety to become extreme. Now taking St. Johns wart I am starting to try and pay him no mind like when I was on the meds. He needs to use this or get on meds from doctor he is so stubborn. He dont see its his anxiety hurting him and me. He thinks its him growing up and not taking peoples bull anymore. Not what others see and me. Well I love his good ways maybe one day again he will calm down. Praying he will.
user23621
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 11, 2021 8:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Feeling a little better

Postby quietgirl2538 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:16 pm

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Your baby sounds like she is growing so fast! :D

You're so patient with your husband. Keep that in mind, that you are trying to help the situation by being patient and you are doing your part. What more can be asked of you. Right?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 11, 2021 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (124)

Postby user23621 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Yes all can do is be patient. I still get fussy or upset with him or my baby at times. I am trying to not yell or get so mad at times. The suppliments help. I will keep going hope to change my yelling to staying calm consistently.
user23621
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:12 pm

I recommend going to a room and just let those feelings out even just crying or showing some anger in your own private space. When you are calm, everyone benefits from your happiness and joy you give them. I get upset at times because my kids are very messy and I yell and scream at them to clean up after themselves, but they don't. It's aggravating but they are older and need to be taught some things so it's my job as a mom to be there for them and teach them. So I'm saying that my yelling is ok sometimes. But I hide out in my room at times so I can calm down and then take a nap. Afterwards I feel better. I know taking a nap isn't always something you can do with a little one. (Been there), but try your best. It's amazing what a power nap can do for your mind. You'll have good memories of you and your baby and your husband when you are older. You will feel good about yourself.

I'm glad the supplements have helped you. :D

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby user23621 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Ran out of the suppliments and got unto a fight with my step dad Christmas eve night. Everthing was going good till that it just so happened that I took up for my husband. My husband is making me mad again at him. He is doing just what I was trying to get him to stop doing. Thought he would learn his lesson after seeing me go off on my step dad who I dont want in my life anymore. Cant take him telling me how to care for my baby when he doesnt do anything to help me with her and bitches about how he works and is tired. He does cook sometimes helps clean but, thats it. She isnt an easy baby to deal with. She had colic then she is active. Now she wants to give me a rough time with diapers and she is whiney and wants what she wants now. I am trying to discipline her but, doesn't help much with that so she seems to ne spoiled now. She wont put herself back to sleep now and when I try she wont sleep in her own bed. At first she was sleeping in her playpen she wont do that now either. Just ups and downs. Dont get me wrong I love having her but, his help and understanding would be appreciated and his 2 cents can be kept to himself untill he takes her for a few hours or a few days. Its not like he hasn't snapped at her recently for whinning.
user23621
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:40 am

I'm sorry things are being so hard for you right now with your stepdad and your husband. At the age your daughter is, I didn't discipline, they are just learning and getting their attention to other things seemed to help get my daughter's attention to something else. I let my kids be kids when they were your little girl's age. They really don't know the difference between right and wrong. I wish you had more help from your husband or others in your circle of friends or even family would be great. Later when you look back at the times of your children being small, you will have wonderful memories of them and you being together. The joys of motherhood outweigh all the hard work we must do to raise our little ones. I feel strongly about that. Sending hugs, if wanted!!!

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby user23621 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:29 pm

According to some things i read. You have to start implementing some kind of discipline so they learn to not be spoiled later on. My daughter isnt a laid back baby. I wish she was then my husband helping or not be an issue. Yes I do let her be a baby but, she is very defiant compared to some babies her age. Its hard to let people know because they dont understand. Pry has to do with just me and her together all day without getting out or her dad not being more helpful. She taking advantage of that. Maybe someone cpuld understand.

-- Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:33 pm --

I do try to redirect her to with toys or other things it dont work well. I mean just running out of things to do when she acts up.
user23621
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:58 am

Yes, my oldest was the most difficult one when she was little. My second one was laid back. Yes, they are all different, that's true.

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Postpartum Depression Forum