Our partner

Postpartum depression and anxiety

Postpartum Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Postpartum depression and anxiety

Postby marmar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:20 pm

I am currently breastfeeding my 5 month old. I am on wellbutrin and prozac, however, my anxiety level has gone through the roof. I feel like I can't talk to people or be around people. I get so nervous to the point of panic. My doctor prescribed me Bromazepam. He didn't really tell me if I am able to take this medication while breastfeeding. I would only take 3mg or 6mg if it's bad. I don't want to stop breastfeeding. It's the only thing I do that makes me feel close to my child; makes me feel like I'm at least good at something. Has anyone out there taken Bromazepam while breastfeeding?
marmar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Postpartum depression and anxiety

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 pm

I've not taken Bromazepam, but hopefully others who have taken it or something similar can join in and share their experience. I would say to ask your doctor again if it's ok to take while breastfeeding. It can't hurt to ask and you will rest easy knowing you are doing the right thing.

See, the way I see it is that you must take care of yourself first so that you can be 100% available for other people like your baby.

I breastfed two of my babies and the third one I couldn't because I was on several drugs like Seroquel and others that I just can't remember the names to. I don't want to tell you that you can't breastfeed and I realize how important it is for you, but talk to your husband or someone close to you and get support and I just want you and your baby to be ok. Bonding was something I still did by carrying my child all the time, even in a sling when she was a little older. They just love being with momma. :D My bottle fed baby and I bonded very well and to be honest I was so sick emotionally that I welcomed the help that feeding with a bottle came with, like others helping to feed her and I could get some rest.

This is a quiet forum but if you have anymore questions I'd be happy to chat with you. Hugs! I do understand that feeling of wanting to breastfeed and bond with your baby.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (124)

Postby marmar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Thank you so much for your response quietgirl2538. You really did help me.

Considering it's Saturday, I can't call my doctor, but I know he would say you just have to stop breastfeeding. He's been wanting me to stop for a while.

As for support, I don't really have one. I love my husband and he is such a good man but it's hard to talk to someone who doesn't understand when they themselves have never experienced it. I try to explain it to him, but it just doesn't seem to work. If I need him to take my 4 year old and 2 year old out just so I can have some time, it becomes a struggle. He just throws in my face how am I going to be able to raise them if I'm like this. It hurts, I'm not going to lie. And I know he doesn't mean it but...

I think I've done an ok job so far considering that I am caring for my 3 children, with absolutely no help, and no family around. My husband is at work all day. It's just me. But he does make me doubt myself. I always feel guilty. Actually, I shouldn't say with no help because my 4 year old does go to a day home 2x a week, which by the way, I had to fight to have that happen. So usually if we get into an argument, he does throw in my face that I can't even raise my kid. I don't think 2x a week of social time with other kids is a bad thing?

I feel like I got off topic. I've never been part of a forum or message board so this is new to me. I've never told anyone any of this. I chose to come on here because I could talk to people here and they would actually understand.

So if anyone out there has been on this medication, or any benzodiazepines while breastfeeding, please let me know.
marmar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:30 pm

You are safe here. You are anonymous.

I understand it is very hard to try to take care of a newborn and take care of 2 other little ones as well. You should keep your 4 year old in a day home. I used to take mine to a place sort of like a day care facility twice a week for about 4 hours each time. But with that, my husband was very supportive. You are having to deal with your own husband not supporting you. It just sounds so difficult for you. I want to tell you that a baby senses when a mom isn't feeling 100% where she needs to be. Too much stress is known to sometimes cause a mother to produce less milk. Try your best to take care of yourself and your little family. I want to give you the advice to talk to your husband and explain how his words make you feel. That is very hard to do. But maybe he doesn't know how his words and actions make you feel. In a marriage, there needs to be respect and kindness for one another. What he is saying is not that. And right now, it's not just for you that you need to be well, but for the entire family.

I hope someone who is taking the same meds comes to post.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (124)

Return to Postpartum Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies