Our partner

PPD & Lexapro

Postpartum Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

PPD & Lexapro

Postby LiliBean » Mon May 13, 2013 3:19 pm

I am 11 weeks postpartum and have never felt so imbalanced in my life. I feel very sad, and have no personality. I haven't felt myself in 2 months and I have become so desperate to feel better. Ever since I lost sleep about 2 months ago I haven't been the same.. I have started seeing a therapist and psychiatrist. He put me on 5mg of Lexapro to start and will up the dose to 10 or 20mg..has anyone experienced PPD and can give me some advice..does this get better? I have felt so moody and don't want to feel this way..also a bit dizziness as well. I am SO scared!!!!! HELP :(
LiliBean
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: PPD & Lexapro

Postby jilkens » Fri May 31, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi LiliBean,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time with postpartum. Having a newborn is very hard on the mind & body - there were times when I felt like my mind was coming unglued.

How's your support network? Are there people around who can let you get some sleep, to go out and do something without the baby around?

It takes some time for things to return to normal, so don't be too hard on yourself. The dizziness and stuff can be from side effects or simply the lack of sleep and private time.

How are you doing now?
Blame it on me, but know that I won't regret one iota.
jilkens
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Postpartum Depression Forum