Our partner

I'm a bad daughter

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

I'm a bad daughter

Postby Coraline88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:56 pm

I've been having so many terrible flashbacks (times of abuse) and flashfowards (imagining what will happen in the future). I feel like a little child though I'm really a youngish adult. I have schizophrenia and PTSD, and I keep hearing today, "you're a bad daughter, you're a bad daughter." It hurts so badly. Every little sound comes as a sign against me, every spoken word feels like pain that I caused. My mom used to abuse me, but she's so wonderful now (because she stopped the substances and got help). My dad is dead, but he left so many broken promises (he was brave as the cancer killed him, and tried to keep us safe that way). My papa (honorary father) is very stressed in his own life and has to walk on eggshells with me (he says he'll never leave me, but I'm so scared I'll force him to). I'm a bad daughter, I'm a bad daughter. I want to be good. I try so hard to be good.
Coraline88
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm a bad daughter

Postby Terry E. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:38 am

It's hard I know, .. but try and take care of yourself .
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I'm a bad daughter

Postby Snaga » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:14 pm

There's broken, then there's bad. You have these diagnosed issues. That might make you a broken person, but it doesn't at all make you a bad daughter. We just have to try to do the best we can, with the hand we're dealt. Would having an arm broken in an accident through no fault of your own, make you a bad daughter? No. Would having cancer, or a cold, make you bad? No. Neither does PTSD or Schizophrenia.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum