Our partner

Can I get some advice how to prepare?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Can I get some advice how to prepare?

Postby Aderis114 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 am

Hey guys, I am home from university this summer and am back in the house with my parents (one of the sources of trauma). I managed to figure my ways around to cope and got my own "safe"ish place inside my room where I don't constantly feel tense and on edge which helps a lot so I am managing.

The thing is, my sister (another source of trauma and still rather abusive) is coming home sometime in August and she is likely going to behave just as she always did the behavior will really just... be extremely stressful and triggering and honestly, I can handle my parents, but I don't know how I'll handle having my parents and my sister home.

This is even worse because when my sister comes home I'll loose the one safe place in my house because she will be sharing a room and I'll have to move my desk outside into the living room again where not only will I have to actively deal with her and have no place to feel safe, but I will also have to actively be around my parents which was something I've been able to avoid thanks to my room.

I would go to my fiance's house and stay there for two weeks but that would cause my dad to go into a raging fit and cause a lot of drama in the house that would probably be more stress and work than its worth and I just like...

I don't know how I am going to survive the two weeks like that. I can barely even imagine it anymore.

For other notes, I have DID and C-PTSD.

But please if anyone can help I am kind of desperate for advice.

-- Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:17 pm --

My psyche feels like its ready to shatter thinking about it. I don't want to accidentally split another alter out of the stress of it..
Aderis114
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can I get some advice how to prepare?

Postby avatar123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:21 am

Maybe you could use your fiancé's place as a safe haven. Schedule some regular breaks over the two weeks when you go there for awhile to hang out. You could say that you're giving your sister space and private time with your parents since you will both be home at the same time. Just a thought.
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Can I get some advice how to prepare?

Postby Terry E. » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:38 am

I back up what Avatar has to say and please don't think the following is coming from someone who does not understand but I recently had a discussion with a health professional (non pysch or doctor) about the amount of admitted anxiety expressed by comic convention people. After much discussion we found that as a whole they:-
don't exercise
watch a lot of screen time
don't go outdoors much
don't get much sunshine or fresh air

You can't change you family or your room arrangements, so try and eat right, get out of the house when you can, and be active (and have some fun). You will sleep better, have better hormone profiles and get through it better.

there are some things we cannot change in our lives and some things we can.
Hope it all works out okay
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post