Our partner

the chance to save my soul, and my concern is now in vain.

Share your talents with the group.

the chance to save my soul, and my concern is now in vain.

Postby Sam the man Leslie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 pm

I must reverse my life to set my soul free and pass the cemetery gates- now I see the truth I got a doubt I can hardly tell am I on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell?
I'm not made of stone; hey I'm feeling tired sometimes that's OK. You flirt with suicide and I'm here standing hollow- I feel I've come to realise how fast life can be compromised, I can't believe this happened to you.

Why do things that matter the most never end up being our choice- all those times I simply stepped aside and one day I'll face the Hell inside, but someday I'll accept what I have done. For now, I accept who I've become- lines in the sand only you can read when I found you, I found me.

Into the abyss will I run? That I am crippled by all that you've done, leaving me breathless, this reason I know belong to me at last I can't live in the past where you left me incomplete. Through all those complex years I should've cried and spared myself some pain.

Yes, I am stricken and can't let you go. It all seems so unreal lost within my plans for life, no revenge beneath me I'm a man cut in half in this world, all my mind can see now is the love our souls had sworn to make.

I spoke to the devil today and he swears he's not to blame and I understood because I felt the same- sometimes to kill the pain, I flirt with suicide, it's going to be better tomorrow? That's when I would say that I spoke to God today and she said that she's ashamed of what have I done and what have I become.

All this time I watched from the outside as the whole world passed me by never really understanding what was wrong or what was right. A big part of me won't agree with the knowing endless of consequences- my very soul must bleed this time. I can't go on with a holocaust about to happen leaving another hole in the wall of my inner defences all the while seeing you laughing, another time.

Falling away from me, beating me down and the day is here fading into the ground like the birth of a new found joy, you took my youth- and I knew this love would end in rage, the pride within my soul you left me incomplete. Sometimes when I'm alone I wonder aloud, the reverend he turned to me without a tear in his eyes, with his arms wide open he said I'm no hero and I'm not made of stone- I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.

You'll never know how your face has haunted me. I want to know if I'll heal inside- you were the current that carried me and one day the shadows will surround me. When I found you, I found me, a million fresh starts and what I needed was closure. I lost who I was, but I found was my composure from longing for what used to be fragile lives, shattered dreams.

what was wrong or what was right?
I apologise.
hidden depths
Sam the man Leslie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Poetry Corner

• Related articles
    Replies