Our partner

Deep Gluteal syndrome...

Physical health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Deep Gluteal syndrome...

Postby Manners73 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Does anyone know or has anyone got any experience of this?

My glutes just won't stop twitching about.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Deep Gluteal syndrome...

Postby Wally58 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:56 am

Any other symptoms like hip/leg pain, cramps, spasms or numbness? I would schedule an appointment with a neurologist. This can be a possible symptom of sciatica, so I would really get it checked out.
I had a pinched nerve in my lower lumbar that made my hips and legs very painful. My legs would fall asleep and I was becoming incontinent.
Physical therapy inflammed it and made it worse. The spine center could do nothing but prescribe pills, back brace and TENS unit. The neurologist did a quick, minor surgery (laminectomy - made room for the nerves) and I have been fine since.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:55 am

Postby Manners73 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Yeah, I do a lot of cycling but recently I've been getting pain around my hip and lower back. I put it down to cycling in bad weather, getting cold and wet and having to sit at a desk all day with bad posture.

The back pains gone now because I've been at home for a few days and not on my bike but my arse muscles are dancing all over the place.

I've not been to the doctors for my x-ray results on my knee as yet but I will do and maybe I should mention this problem as well.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:06 pm

My daughter gave me a step machine today so I've used it and my muscles seem to have calmed down. The pain in my legs has stopped as well.

I didn't even realise it until I saw this thread.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Physical Health