Our partner

I got beaten up ifront of my 17 friends ( girls )

An Open Discussion on Physical Abuse.

I got beaten up ifront of my 17 friends ( girls )

Postby issaim » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm a 16 years old male , I'm Studying Decor major (First year Bt1) , so 17 of my friends are girls and 3 of them are guys but those guys loves me alot , and the girls have huge respect to me , so today i was sitting with the girls , well their is a girl in my Class , shes really young and small (shes not ugly though shes just small ) so she told me 3 days ago that the Third years girls are always picking at her (Shes lonely too ) so i told all the girls in the class to stay with her in break time , and i will sit with them to and we would play a friendly game of bottle . Well , we where down sitting , then the girls from Level 3 Last grade Graphic Design came and started making fun of her , (They wanted a fight ) so i didn't want any girl of my class to interfere because i dont want any of them to get suspended , so they started telling her where did u buy ur converse shoes from the cheapest place n our city and kept on doing this for 10 minutes , she was looking in me like she was really disappointed , because i promised her to solve this issue , so i stood up and asked them just to leave . one of them gave me the hand sign and ignored me and continued , so i held her hand and told her one more word and i will break it , She looked at me in a scared and agry face and told me , You wanna **** with me I'm 3rd year Graphic , I told her **** your self and sat down , all my friends where so happy and especially the young girl , so after 5 minutes , 4 Guys (huge guys) from 3rd year came to me with the girls , (they where about 19-20 years old ) one of them asked me do u want me to break ur hand , acting tough on girls , I looked at my young friend and gave her a 3 sign (To call my male friends ) so she understood and started running their , the guy thought that shes going to tell the princple so he held her by her arm with a strong grip so i lost it and punched him by all what god gave me from strength , he fell on the ground and his hand was on his nose , (i was sure i broke his nose ) his friends came running at me all of them at once , one of them got me with a really good punch which made me lose all my focus , but i still managed to protect my self but one of them tackled me and they all started attacking me at once , and one of the girls ran to the princble so he can come and stop the fight , but at this time i was getting the first huge beating in my life , i tried to fight back but their was no use all three of them where attacking me at once , then my 3 friends came running and tackled the guys and i went on my feet as fast as i can but i fell again couldn't balance , and i remember one of my friends that is a girl told me to stay down . After all this fight , The principle came and asked who started the fight , All the 3rd grade said that i started it and i threw a girl and started punching her ( all my friends where backing me up but he believed the 3rd year students ) me and the 3 guys where suspended for a week , Now i want to know , What in The Hell did i do wrong . I mean Seriously i just wanted to help my friends . Anyways heres my questions :

1- my three friends that are like my bros are Texting me and telling me don't worry about us you did the right thing and don't worry about the suspend . ( I feel soooo sad for them i mean i am the only one that is supposed to get suspended ... how can i convince the principle to get my friends back to pre uni not me ?

2- Was i wrong by acting like this to the girls??

3-was i supposed to mind my own business? and leave my friend alone getting bullied for the rest of her ******* life

4- did i deserve the beating?

5-i feel so ashamed , because i was beaten up infront of my Girl friends which thought i can protect them and they can look up for me as their leader

6-The 4 guys that did that to me that attacked me . i called my other friends ( they are satanist they dont believe in god nor in governments and **** . my friends told me that they would take them to their hide out and teach them a lesson their . should i tell em to do it ? so they can get what they deserve?

Thank you for reading and im sorry that i took your time but i feel so ashamed and sad
issaim
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I got beaten up ifront of my 17 friends ( girls )

Postby peppiroscou » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:10 am

I wouldnt feel so bad, think about it this way 4 vs. 1 aint much of a remotely fair fight anyhows and I think all of your ladyfriends know that. I dont care if your a ###$ cage fighter taking of 4 people at once pretty much means you are going to lose. A suspension aint that bad if you feel you did the right thing then dont doubt yourself. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of violence and nothing wrong with getting your ass beat. No need to have your friends track down the other dudes for revenge, the fight is over let it be.
peppiroscou
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Ashlar » Sun May 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Let's see if I understand everything. Girls were bullying your friend and you asked them to stop. They escalated. You escalated. They escalated again (grabbing their obviously emotionally immature for 19-20 boyfriends). They goaded you and in my experience they likely thought that just having the physical presence of three adult males to one young-adult, they felt like you wouldn't escalate again. And they gambled incorrectly.

You shouldn't have touched the one girl. That's not an acceptable action. You could even apologize for that specific singular thing.

Throwing a punch and then being assaulted? No reason to feel guilty over that. They were playing a typical bullying game of sorts and you showed at least one of them what's not acceptable. If they didn't have the size and numbers, they wouldn't have touched you. They were playing a cowards tactics, and for all intents and purposes they lost the fight simply by you throwing the punch.

As for communicating with the principal, I've often found such things useless, but a written letter would be my suggestion.

I would also absolutely not continue escalating this situation. Nobody wins in that kind of conflict. The best thing you can possibly do is walk away from further conflict at this point.
Ashlar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:49 am

Postby Daven » Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Quick reply for now, I had to skim read so may have missed important details or not read through it all properly :

I think the principal lives on another planet (to put it lightly). The only reason I can think of for now for him to suspend the younger side in the face of two directly conflicting reports and I presume, severe injuries to the younger, is to discourage from bringing his establishment into disrepute.

Can you file a police report for adult assault of a minor. 18+ hitting 16 is a major no no, isn't it? Still, police will require that you sustained injuries that you can show. You have a great many potential witnesses that can corroborate your story, sustained injuries & witnesses should be admissable.

Did you sustain bruising or cuts? if so, go to the police. (especially if the 18+ received no injuries, then they used excessive force, also 3-4 on 1? come on.). Tell them they grabbed your young friend and you felt she was in imminent danger of injury so you used what you considered at the time to be reasonable force in her self-defence, but with hindsight you realise you acted a little too rashly.

It might not work, and I'm sure absolutely nothing will come of it, but I can't see why the police shouldn't have the opposite view to the principal really. It's adults hitting minors in the eyes of the law, surely? Is there any more to it? details left out? what was the extent of injuries to both parties? were any girls injured? etc

A few other things:
a) you shouldn't have touched the girl
b) you shouldn't have threatened the girl with physical violence
c) they shouldn't have restrained the girl either
d) physical force should always be the last resort, in this case you had the option to tell them to back down first and didn't take it
e) did you mention to the principal that they restrained your friend from going to the principal? how does he not see something wrong with that? (mention it to the police maybe idk)

The goal is, you want the police to unofficially caution the 3rd graders bf so that they don't do it again. Maybe they'll also have a word with the principal too, I don't know. Generally the police really have much bigger things to be getting on with, so they might not want to get involved at all, but the law is the law as well. Don't push it if it seems like the police don't want to get involved or do much, trust them to do their job, they're good people that have it hard and do their jobs (don't know which country you're from though, just in general.).

I also agree with, do not escalate by your own means in any way, that puts you clearly in the wrong. Go to police, or suck it up and do nothing, some of things you did were maybe unwise, but protecting your friend was the right thing to do. I think you fell into a trap of trying to be some hero that is impossible, don't do that. Just do the smart, wise and diplomatic thing, next time your friend gets bullied, go to the principal or another teacher, don't try to sort it out yourself, that's wrong and unwise.

I'm not condoning what you did at all. It sounds like both sounds used excessive physical force, and there is a level of immaturity on both sides here. Take the diplomatic option next time, it's best to avoid physical confrontation in all situations, and yes, even if you are a hulk superhuman cage fighter, you go the diplomatic and non-physical non-confrontational routes first. Don't try to be all heroic or prison mentality.

1- my three friends that are like my bros are Texting me and telling me don't worry about us you did the right thing and don't worry about the suspend . ( I feel soooo sad for them i mean i am the only one that is supposed to get suspended ... how can i convince the principle to get my friends back to pre uni not me ?

2- Was i wrong by acting like this to the girls??

3-was i supposed to mind my own business? and leave my friend alone getting bullied for the rest of her ******* life

4- did i deserve the beating?

5-i feel so ashamed , because i was beaten up infront of my Girl friends which thought i can protect them and they can look up for me as their leader

6-The 4 guys that did that to me that attacked me . i called my other friends ( they are satanist they dont believe in god nor in governments and **** . my friends told me that they would take them to their hide out and teach them a lesson their . should i tell em to do it ? so they can get what they deserve?

Thank you for reading and im sorry that i took your time but i feel so ashamed and sad

1. Write to the principal explaining everything clearly. Try to reach the exactly correct moral viewpoint otherwise it's a waste of time, probably the 3rd graders did a better job with their viewpoint.

2. Yes. No physical confrontration, no threats, no swearing. You could've said, leave her alone and stop bullying her, she hasn't done anything to you. If they continue you go to a teacher.

3. No. Stick with friends, protect weak people, but do it the right way.

4. You grabbed and threatened a girl. In general societal terms, yeah you probably did. In my own personal viewpoint, no, I don't agree in unnecessary violence.

5. You're not superman, don't be ashamed, they won't think of you badly unless they are superficial.

6. No definitely no. No no no.

Don't worry about it, that's what this forum is for.
Dx: Schizoid.
Rx: none.
Daven
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Daven » Wed May 15, 2013 9:24 pm

I came back and re-read this. I missed the part about you breaking the guy's nose when I skim read. That explains the principal's decision and the suspension fine. Don't bother going to the police, you can be done for assault, as they have plenty witnesses. In the eyes of the principal and the police, the injured party were acting in self-defense because you caused a severe injury.

I don't mean to be hard on you, just that I have high expectations for you. I read between the lines and think that you want to start a relationship with one of your female friends. There is nothing wrong with that, but you don't have to try and act like some kind of superhero to get a girl to go out with you. Just be a normal regular nice sensible guy is fine.

Some girls might respect you more if you do the smart things than the macho things, I guess. At least, I would rather have a girl that respected me for being wise than for acting like a testosterone fueled caveman, so in a way it's an allusion to my own high standards for partners as I am very picky... Also, grabbing a girl's hand and threatening a girl, probably doesn't super-cool to other girls, sorry to say that. I'm only guessing on both parts since I'm a guy.
Dx: Schizoid.
Rx: none.
Daven
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby grandgnu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:56 am

I'm in my late 30's now, but growing up I was picked on by jocks. In 6th grade a group of 5 of them were picking on me. When the principal was informed, they claimed I was trying to pick a fight with them (yes, dorky me is going to start a fight with FIVE jocks!) and nothing was done because it was their word (five of them) against mine (one of me)

You'll find the majority of school administrators have no clue how to handle bullying issues.

What worked for me was that I took Tae Kwon Do classes and started sticking up for myself. I don't know how true this holds today (since it seems bullies operate in groups these days and love to post their bullying online) but the majority of my bullying issues were one-on-one affairs growing up.

Most bullies aren't used to being stood up to, and when someone does stand up to them, they don't know how to react because it takes them out of their comfort zone.

When I was in 11th grade my gym class was 11/12th graders and a kid in 12th grade was always giving me a hard time. He was only a little taller, but played sports and was pretty stocky. One day in gym we were getting ready to play volleyball, the only co-ed sport we had in gym. He was on my team and came up behind me and tried to put me in a headlock. My instincts from martial arts kicked in and I sidestepped and put him down on the ground.

I didn't hurt him or flip him, but he went down, and he went down in front of EVERYONE. He got this embarrassed look on his face and after that he stopped messing with me.

Then in 12th grade this kid kept dumping my books as we left gym. Eventually I got sick of it, so one day I dumped HIS books, we got into a little scuffle and after that we actually became friends.

Usually with bullies if you don't make it easy on them to pick on you, they'll find another target. I applaud you for sticking up for your friends and I'm sorry you got ganged up on.

I'd avoid the revenge path, that can become a never-ending circle you don't want to go down.
grandgnu
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:49 am

Return to Physical

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post