Our partner

What more is needed?

Pervasive Developmental Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What more is needed?

Postby Questions » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi,

I'm a mother of a young man who was first diagnosed with PDD then with Asperger's. I'm also a special ed consultant with a school district and am currently working on a Ph.D. in autism. In reading past posts, I'd like to offer hope from someone who's been there - it gets better.

My son is older than most of the kids you write about. He's lived on his own for about 6 years, finished two college certificates and is now half way through a degree in computer science at university. While life was not always like this, it gets easier as kids get older. If there are any questions I can answer from my experiences, I'd be glad to.

But I need some help please for one of the classes I'm taking. Could anyone tell me what sorts of things you spend money on related to AS and autism? Which books and other forms of services do you buy? Are there gaps in the information you can currently find? What would you like to see? How can we help more kids become as independent as possible?

Thanks for your thoughts and your time,

Sharon
Questions
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 pm

I am going to redirect this to here: http://psychforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=37252
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Pervasive Developmental Disorder NOS