Our partner

Waking With Sense of Urgency

Parasomnia NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Waking With Sense of Urgency

Postby JGunderssen » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:44 am

What does it mean when you wake up in the middle of the night with a vague sense of urgency?

I often wake up with this unshakeable feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something very important. I sit there in a groggy haze trying to figure out what it is (but I never do, of course, because it's nothing). On a few occasions, I even got up and walked around upstairs in an effort to figure out what this urgent task might be. Sometimes I have brief ideas of what I'm supposed to do - usually something related to work. But it's always something that either never needed to be done or something I already took care of. It's never a real task that I actually do have to complete. However, it does seem to be related to whatever my job or principle occupation is at the time. I remember this happening a few times when I worked at a factory. Then, when I quit that job to go to college, the imaginary tasks were related to schoolwork. Now that I'm done with college, I have an office job, and the imaginary tasks are now about that job. After about two or three minutes of hopeless ruminating on what I'm supposed to do, I realize that I'm just at home sitting awake for no reason. After this, it's actually quite easy to fall back asleep.

It's just really annoying, and it no doubt has a negative impact on my quality of sleep. Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening quite so much?

Thanks!
JGunderssen
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Parasomnia NOS