Our partner

Child Attraction

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Child Attraction

Postby bbjayt » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:56 am

I don't want to post too much publically as I'm ashamed of my feelings and can't quite grip them. I honestly feel so disgusted at myself for being attracted this way. Is there anyone else with the same attraction who can help or talk? I just feel alone and noone to turn to that i can explain my situations and talk about it freely without being judged. Wish i could knock this awful addiction :(
bbjayt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Child Attraction

Postby Mustelidae » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:06 am

There are many people that frequent this forum who are sexually attracted to prepubescent and early pubescent children. You can talk relatively openly here without been by graphic or anything like that. I'd suggest reading the forum rules if you haven't already. I'm not sure what you mean by addiction. A sexual attraction isn't an addiction. Just know that these attractions don't make you a bad or evil person. Our thoughts don't determine whether we are a good or bad person, our actions do.
Mustelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:52 am

Postby bbjayt » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:42 pm

Mustelidae wrote:There are many people that frequent this forum who are sexually attracted to prepubescent and early pubescent children. You can talk relatively openly here without been by graphic or anything like that. I'd suggest reading the forum rules if you haven't already. I'm not sure what you mean by addiction. A sexual attraction isn't an addiction. Just know that these attractions don't make you a bad or evil person. Our thoughts don't determine whether we are a good or bad person, our actions do.

i see it as a addiction. its not normal to be attracted to children. i feel gross with myself :(
bbjayt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Mustelidae » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:56 pm

It depends what ages you are attracted to. It isn't normal to be attracted to prepubescent children but there are many people who are and are going through the same feelings and struggles as you are. I am not attracted to prepubescent children but I am attracted to early pubescent boys. I felt disgusting and scared and eventually I accepted it. I still have days where I feel gross but they are few and far between now. Are you exclusively attracted to children or are you also attracted to adults? Either way your attractions don't have to define you. You don't want to hurt any children so you aren't a bad person. Society may take a dim view of attraction to children but so long as it remains thoughts they don't have to know anything and so long as you can find the support you need, you can live a happy life.
Mustelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:52 am

Postby tiggy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:30 pm

bbjayt wrote:
Mustelidae wrote:There are many people that frequent this forum who are sexually attracted to prepubescent and early pubescent children. You can talk relatively openly here without been by graphic or anything like that. I'd suggest reading the forum rules if you haven't already. I'm not sure what you mean by addiction. A sexual attraction isn't an addiction. Just know that these attractions don't make you a bad or evil person. Our thoughts don't determine whether we are a good or bad person, our actions do.

i see it as a addiction. its not normal to be attracted to children. i feel gross with myself :(

Being attracted to pubescent children is extremely common if not entirely normal, and until recently such people were considered not to be children at all. Being attracted to prepubescent children is less common, especially as an exclusive preference, but it is not the irresistible inclination toward malevolence that society and the media say it is. It can be a problem for many people, but most of the problem is from the ostracism that pedophiles receive. Rape is bad regardless of the age of the victim, so every sexual preference has that danger.

Pedophilia is not an addiction, it's a taboo sexual preference.
tiggy
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post