Our partner

*may trigger- paraphilias* Re-deviancy Conditioning?

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

*may trigger- paraphilias* Re-deviancy Conditioning?

Postby Vorsk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:05 am

I realize most paraphilias are subconsciously developed but there was a point pretty recently when I decided I wanted to have a sexual attraction to x, y, and z. Things like necrosadism, pedophilia, and child abuse. I'd never act on these they're just fantasies I learned to enjoy. I conditioned myself by thinking about it throughout the day, looking at images on gore sites, and reading about necrophilia/pedophilia. I went about a month without thinking about these things, most of them. Now I don't find myself jumping to those thoughts while sexually excited.

At the time when it was constant it felt overwhelming but now it doesn't cross my mind. I want it back. I want to have pleasure in things, to expand my interests. To do this should I think about it like daydream? I read about paraphilia reconditioning, things like aversion, reconditioning, thinking of negative effects about sexual fantasies, etc. should I use these techniques in reverse? As in use it to attract myself to necrosadism, necrophilia, etc. instead of using it to avoid it.

Any tips on doing this?
Last edited by Ada on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TW added
Vorsk
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Re-deviancy Conditioning?

Postby Winteriscoming » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Why do you want to have a paraphilia?
Winteriscoming
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Postby Vorsk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:01 pm

To put psychology into practice. Seeing if it's possible to make a personality change willingly and change attraction to things.
Vorsk
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Postby Winteriscoming » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:07 pm

It seams quite drastic to do this just to see if it's possible. Why not try to make a positive change?
Winteriscoming
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Wally58 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:41 pm

Having a paraphilia isn't generally a matter of wanting it or not. Self-control is possible. It depends a lot on the person affected.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:00 pm

Postby Winteriscoming » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Vorsk wrote:I decided I wanted to have a sexual attraction to x, y, and z. Things like necrosadism, pedophilia, and child abuse. .....I conditioned myself by thinking about it throughout the day, looking at images on gore sites, and reading about necrophilia/pedophilia. .....I want it back. I want to have pleasure in things, to expand my interests. To do this should I think about it like daydream? I read about paraphilia reconditioning, things like aversion, reconditioning, thinking of negative effects about sexual fantasies, etc. should I use these techniques in reverse? As in use it to attract myself to necrosadism, necrophilia, etc. instead of using it to avoid it.

This person clearly sates they want a paraphilia.
Winteriscoming
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: *may trigger- paraphilias* Re-deviancy Conditioning?

Postby Ada » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:44 pm

I've moved this to the Paraphilias forum. As it's not appropriate for LWMI.

Please keep sexually themed discussions in the Sexual forums.
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Charlie Chaplain in The Great Dictator
Ada
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (35)

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post