Our partner

Reason for closure

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Reason for closure

Postby Erastes » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:37 pm

From November 2014 (in this thread):

WichitaLineman wrote:Guys, the admins have no intention of creating a pedophilia subforum. If there are any structural changes to this area in the foreseeable future it may be to eliminate this section entirely as it is fits in poorly with the rest of the site.

I agree that the Paraphilias forum has become somewhat crowded-out by threads related to pedophilia, though I think this has to do with people using the forum in ways that it's not meant to be used. This is not a place to stand on a soapbox and debate aoc laws and otherwise make political statements and argument. It's intended as a place where people can talk about their own personal issues and struggles with their disorder. It's a mental health site, not a political or pedophilia site. Please try to use it in that context.

ctithe wrote:If mods don't approve of the 'politics', then why are they not more active in moderating the Paraphilias board? Instead of threatening to do away with it, why not be more active in moderating what kind of conversations can be had here? Incidentally, that includes starting discussions that will inevitably draw out pro-contact opinions as well as pro-contact opinions themselves.

WichitaLineman wrote:Ay, there's the rub. We don't have any current moderators interested in modding here, and finding suitable mod candidates is very, very difficult. To be sure, we have had a couple of excellent moderators for this forum in the past, but no one has stuck around for the long term. So if we were to do away with this section (and just to be clear, there is no concrete plan to do this at present) it would be due to a shortage of mod resources, and the feeling that we could not service our members adequately.

On the other hand, I agree 100% that our Paraphilias forum is a valuable resource for a lot of people and I can't find another place on the internet quite like it either. So any decision to do away with it would not be taken lightly, or made easily. Again, I'm not really trying to "threaten" anything here. Perhaps this can be considered a plea for stronger self-moderation and mindfulness on the part of members.
Erastes
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post