Our partner

Truth

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Truth

Postby Neverfeelaccepted » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:44 am

How do you know people are telling the truth ?

There another pedophilia forum I go to and several guys revealed there real name (First and Last) on the forum.
Neverfeelaccepted
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Truth

Postby Mustelidae » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:36 am

You can't always tell if someone is telling the truth. It helps if you're face to face in 'real life'. If you haven't been talking with them for long and don't think you fully understand what kind of person they are then don't divulge any personal information. Especially on a forum like that. That is if you are planning on divulging personal information. Is that really necessary?
Mustelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Postby Ada » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:27 pm

I think Mustelidae's given a great answer. [And strongly second the querying of giving personal information. Trust is entirely possible without that. And I think it's healthier to develop it over time. Rather than try to take a "short cut" by sharing information that can be used against you.]

An alternative question might be "does it matter if it's the truth?" Oftentimes the answer is yes, clearly. But not always. Which has surprised me as I've realised that. Sometimes I read things in these forums [not specifically Paras.] That I find hard to believe. But I question "does it matter if it's not true?" Usually, it doesn't. Who am I to be a judge?! I can reply as if it's true. Then that respects people who are telling the truth. And is helpful to people lurking who have a similar story. Then if people are not truthful, well, shame on them. It doesn't affect me and what I do.

If this is specifically around sharing names. Then it only matters if you see that as something you are "encouraged" to do. Because they are sharing first. And in that case, it DOES matter if they're lying. I'm not sure if you can be sure of the truth in that case. People can do all sorts online. Photoshop a drivers licence and upload that as "proof." Best not to get into that kind of situation.
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Charlie Chaplain in The Great Dictator
Ada
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:12 am
Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby Prairie gal » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:12 am

I look at it this way. If the person is coming here making up stories and all kinds
of lies, there is something obviously wrong and they need help.
Prairie gal
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:12 am

Return to Paraphilias Forum