Our partner

How can I stop my schediaphilia (attraction to cartoons)

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

How can I stop my schediaphilia (attraction to cartoons)

Postby wxglobemaster448 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:03 pm

I've done a lot of research on this really annoying problem I have where I am sexually attracted to certain cartoon and anime characters. I looked up the terminology and it is called schediaphilia or toonophilia, however it seems as though not much research has been done on it and I can't find any good information on how to treat it. I have talked to many other people and I can't find anyone else who has dealt with this same problem. It just gets really annoying because the cartoons which I am attracted to are non-human cartoons (for example the experiments from Lilo and Stitch) and I know that I will never be able to have a relationship with them obviously, and I am almost more sexually and emotionally attracted to cartoon characters than I am to actual people. :/ I really want to get rid of these feelings I have because it really hurts knowing that I can never have a relationship with them because they are not real. :( And on top of this I'm also a gay man so that complicates things even more; but that's a different story.

Has anyone had any experience with this? And how can it be dealt with? Is it related to pedophilia and/or paraphelia?
Borderline Personality Disorder with major depressive features, Tic disorder, multiple anxiety-related disorders, Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder)
wxglobemaster448
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How can I stop my schediaphilia (attraction to cartoons)

Postby Simontheo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:46 am

Hello!

I am attracted to some cartoon characters, although I don't feel any need to date them, but a strong want. Do you feel a need? Or is it more of a burning desire?

I have no idea how it can be dealt with, but I can assure you has nothing to do with pedophilia. Are you sexually and emotionally attracted to children? :). Feel free to pm if you have any other questions. I will try to research a bit about this.

P.S: Maybe there's a way to enjoy this attraction? Hehe
I'm alone by choice. It's just not my choice.

D.I.D:

Kenichi (5 year old), Venus (6 yo boy/robot), Ciel (18 yo man), Chi (20 something woman), Kengi & Gigi (Twins, 13 yo boys), Budo & Max (Twins, 10 yo). Pepper (Host, 19 yo), Lissa (3,000 year old angel), Keanu (3 yo boy), Kim (8 yo girl).
Simontheo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:02 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Zebramouse » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:24 am

Aww the experiments from Lilo & Stitch are so cute! I don't blame you for thinking they're attractive.
I used to think that everyone got crushes on cartoons. But it turns out they don't :|
If this is a paraphilia, Its got to be the most harmless paraphilia I've ever heard of. I don't think you should worry about it.
Zebramouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby wxglobemaster448 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 am

Simontheo: Yes, it's like a burning desire and I am very strongly attracted to some cartoon characters. (For some reason only animal cartoons though). hehe :lol: And no, I am not attracted to children, but sometimes I wish so damn baldy that the cartoon were real so that we might have a chance at a relationship. :P But that will obviously never happen. And It's funny because I remember that these feelings of attraction towards cartoons came on at the same time that my same sex attractions started; when I was 14, and I thought that it was normal, and didn't really think much about it beyond that.It just kind of sucks because I have to ignore these feelings which is really hard to do, and sometimes it causes me to become depressed.

Zebramouse: I agree, they are extremely cute and I would say that I am sexually attracted to some of them; despite how bizarre that sounds; I really am. :? It wouldn't bother me; except for the fact that my sexual attraction is split in half so that 50% of my attraction is to cartoons and 50% to real life people. It makes it so that I am not as strongly attracted to real life people as I should be, which is kind of frustrating. :x
Borderline Personality Disorder with major depressive features, Tic disorder, multiple anxiety-related disorders, Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder)
wxglobemaster448
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Blueskunk91 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:29 pm

It all started when I was 15. Baring in mind, I also have mental difficulties. I started having sexual and emotional feelings towards non human cartoon characters. All female. My heart would pound just at the thought of them. This was before I had internet. I would sit there for hours on end drawing these cartoons until I knew how to draw them by memory. And I took great sexual satisfaction in drawing them frame by frame and animating them using stop motion. I still have these urges today. I'm now 22. My first was Yin. (Yin Yang Yo) (Rabbit). Then was Bijou from hamtaro. (Hamster) Then it was Berry from fosters home for imaginary friends. And currently, Petunia from happy tree friends. (Hence the user name) I have been fantasizing about the same character for four years now. I've had a girlfriend in the past year but she didn't compare. This is the first time this has been mentioned to ANYONE! My darkest secrets just needed to be revealed. Glad I got that off my chest. And I don't feel so claustrophobic knowing that there is a whole community out there who experience the same or similar problems. Thanks for reading :)
Blueskunk91
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Sillystar » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello everyone!

I am a guy, and i, since i can remember, was always attracted (sexually) by the moment a girl is hit on the head in a cartoon, and she gets that usual silly look, and stars and birds appear, and mostly, what i like the most, is when the lump grows on her head.

I never knew what this might mean, maybe nothing, maybe it's just something i used to watch as a kid, and in a particular time when i was starting to have sexual responses, that stuck in my mind as sexually arousing.

I never talk about this to no one, this is the first time i do. Unfortunately that lessen my sexual interest with my girlfriends, but i know, that if i share this thing with someone who likes it too, that would be great for us.

So, in the end, you'll not get a partner that is a cartoon, but you might get one who shares this interest, how cool would that be?
Sillystar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby rainbowstar » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:44 am

What masturbatory aids you use is mostly irrelevant to real-life relationships. The amount of time you sit in front of a computer screen masturbating may be relevant, but the content on the screen makes little difference.
rainbowstar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby thgore20 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:13 pm

I was looking up attraction to cartoon characters when I happened upon this article. Personally I don't think attraction to cartoon characters should be a problem as long as no one makes too much of a big deal out of it. I was reading so many comments of people on YouTube saying they were attracted to Jessica Rabbit, The Onc-ler from The Lorax even adult Simba from The Lion King. If you're attracted to cartoons I think you should just have fun with it. Maybe you can explore this attraction. These characters may not be able to exist in the real world but maybe you can draw yourself as a cartoon character and insert yourself among all the characters you are attracted to. Maybe surround yourself with these characters, make some cute stories out of it even. Fifty Shades of Grey started out as Twilight fan-fiction. Maybe you can work with these characters and it could grow into something original that you do yourself.

I have this character that I created when I was 20 named Pearl. I've been drawing her for five years now. When I first drew her she was hideous but I got better and now she is just beautiful. I've written a story featuring her and I'm currently having this story edited so I can publish and publicize it. I hope to write more stories about her in the future. I've gone as far as to draw Pearl doing some naughty things to one of my alter egos who looks like me :lol: but of course I'm not going to publicize that :x

So if you can be satisfied with creating your own fan-fiction of you with your favorite animated characters, then you're all set. It would be even better if you could morph your fan-fiction into something original to share with the public.

*mod edit*

Best of luck to you.
Last edited by Ada on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please see PM :)
thgore20
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post