Our partner

Has anyone here undergone voluntary chemical castration?

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Re: Has anyone here undergone voluntary chemical castration?

Postby brassyhub » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 am

I did a web search on chemical castration, and ended up here. I am seriously considering this. I live in Switzerland, and I have no idea what GPs here think or know about this. My wife of 33 years has just 'come out' to herself and myself as a lesbian; so understandably, our low-sex marriage is now a no-sex marriage. And I am not happy with that, am seriously frustrated. But want to stay with a partner that I love and respect. She seems to be asexual; she has no desire to look for a lesbian partner. She is mourning the love that she's never had, the experience that she never dared to look for. And I'm looking at chemical castration as a way of making a no-sex marriage work... :(
brassyhub
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby rehtnap » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 pm

i would talk to your gp and see if something like ssri medication's are not more suitable as castration has a few side effects u may not want. castration is at the extreem end of reducing the male sex drive as it stops the main hormone which also means that you can get femanising results from it. the form i tried does work but along withit comes lethargy and tiredness coupled with emotional swings. it can be likened to a female going through the menopause. with chemical castration most of the effects are reversible when you stop but things like breast growth will stay. i have now gone on ssri to curb my mood problems and see if they do the same for the sex drive, the chem castration didnt do anything for my mood problem. if the ssri dont hit the sex drive hard enough then i wont hessitate to ask for chem castration on top.
rehtnap
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (98)

Postby Ratnip » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:04 am

simgiran wrote:I've heard a few people talking about it at our forum. Some people reported it greatly reduced their urges, some said not much. A few felt completely find with the drugs, some felt mild side effects and a few felt bad side effect like feeling pretty tired or depressed. Some said it helped them at the time they were taking it, that they had some time with lower urges when they learn to accept that they are pedophiles, but that they feel better without the drugs now. I think when one is worried about being a pedophile, it makes him think about his attraction more and it can make him feel more urges.

If you feel too strong sexual urges, it may be worth trying. But if you decide to try it, maybe you should try to stop taking it after a while to see better if it helps you.

I have been chemically castrated for 7 years using Depo Provera. I don't have any side effects. My T levels went from 950 to 100. I am happy now. I did this instead of doing something stupid and ending p in prison.
Ratnip
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby rehtnap » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:13 pm

ive been on sertraline which is an ssri for coming up 4 weeks now and for my anxiety it seems to be good but as far as sex drive it doesnt really seem to have done much apart from making orgasm harder.not sure how long before your on such drugs before the sex drive would drop if its going to.
rehtnap
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ratnip » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:10 pm

You and I have the same thoughts about the aging Gay male. I have said the same thing for years. Yes, I decided on chemical castration 7 years ago as the frustrations were over bearing. You can use Depo Provera which has pros and cons. It can be ordered online and w/o a Rx.
Here is the link. *mod edit*
I have used it for 7 years and things are much better today.
You can me how to do the dosage and I will help you. I am not a doctor but this was from a castrated male nurse who guided me.
Ron
Last edited by WichitaLineman on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no commercial links, pls.
Ratnip
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby rehtnap » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:13 pm

the few guys ive talked to who have been on chem castration all say it was a good thing overall for them. i am at the moment running with the doc and the ssri as i want medical supervision. The ssri have had a good effect so far on my shyness/anxiety as ive felt a change. as far as reducing the sex drive then if im honest once the side effects started getting less then the mixed gender feelings are still there which drive the sex. theres still time for the ssri to have more effect so its early days yet. i do believe chemical castration should be more available as a treatment for compulsive sex drive it just has such a bad association with pedophilia and thats as shame as it could be a treatment for such a range of troubles. its about time it was renamed to stop the bad associations with it. i know it has side effects like all treatments but it does seem odd that the docs will avoid the subject directly. even trying to talk to someone about it is so hard here in the uk. i wanted to prove one way or the other that testosterone was a cause of my problems. if it is then i have no problem been castrated if it gives me a stable life.
rehtnap
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ratnip » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Jody,
Absolutely do this under a doctor's supervision. Depo Provera is a powerful drug. Some of the long term side effects are bone loss density, but a doctor can suggest supplements to prevent this.

I have been chemically castrated for 7 years. I would NOT want to go back to "normal."

Yes, castration, physical or chemical will help you totally. You will be rid of this problem once and for all. I was. I couldn't concentrate of my music, practicing, etc. After being chemically castrated I put on a nice recital a year later. Totally worth the expense.

Now, I can relate to people even strangers and my shyness sort of disappeared.

Please do this. Let me know when you start and I will give you support.
Ron

-- Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 pm --

brassyhub wrote:I did a web search on chemical castration, and ended up here. I am seriously considering this. I live in Switzerland, and I have no idea what GPs here think or know about this. My wife of 33 years has just 'come out' to herself and myself as a lesbian; so understandably, our low-sex marriage is now a no-sex marriage. And I am not happy with that, am seriously frustrated. But want to stay with a partner that I love and respect. She seems to be asexual; she has no desire to look for a lesbian partner. She is mourning the love that she's never had, the experience that she never dared to look for. And I'm looking at chemical castration as a way of making a no-sex marriage work... :(

Go for it. I had two reasons for doing it one of which was making a no sex gay marriage work. I am happy now and it has led to a better life.
Ron
Ratnip
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Ratnip » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:52 pm

jody wrote:as an update ive now been on a drug that should induce chemical castration for 6 weeks or so with a slight break for 7 days in the middle due to a pain i thought was due to the drugs but turned out to be something else. the overall effect is very good for me. i am starting to feel like im getting back in control. i have no way of telling how much my hormones have changed its all guess work i can only go by results.i am trying to find out if there is any voluntary research or clinical studies i can apply to to continue with the process as self prescribing is not the best thing in the world. the only way i could tell if it is working is to stop it after a another month or so i see if i return to how i was. i dont really want to go there again.

Jody,
I, also, have been searching for a clinical study, but all I find are studies on prostate cancer. Let's be glad that is not our problem.

Your doc should be able to give you your T level count with a blood test or just do a home test.

Which drug are you on?
Ron

-- Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:57 pm --

anon12345 wrote:I know there is no chance I will ever hurt a child, but my pedophilic thoughts have caused me a lot of shame and self-loathing. Many people here have no issue with accepting this as part of who they are, but I can't. I think I will be happier if I had no libido at all. Has anyone here undergone chemical castration? What is the process, and is it worth it? Thank you.

I have identically the same problem and have never had legal issues with it. To prevent legal problems I am chemically castrated. I have no fear now of working with teenage boys. I use Depo Provera and have been on it for 7 years.

I am MUCH HAPPIER with no libido. I get a lot of things accomplished that I did not before I was chemically castrated.

All I can say is the sooner you do this, the better you will both safely and as a person.
Ron
Ratnip
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby rehtnap » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:27 pm

at the moment im on sertraline. it is mainly for anxiety ect but is supposed to have a side effect of lowering libido. before i tried finasteride which lowers the dht in your system but still leaves testosterone in a smaller amount as it was available easily.
rehtnap
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ratnip » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:06 pm

jody wrote:at the moment im on sertraline. it is mainly for anxiety ect but is supposed to have a side effect of lowering libido. before i tried finasteride which lowers the dht in your system but still leaves testosterone in a smaller amount as it was available easily.

Jody,
Join www.eunuch.org. This is a marvelous site that has physically surgically and chemically castrated men. There are many people who have inquiries like yourself. There are literally thousands of stories, answers to questions and people who are experts in the field.

Let me know what you think. A lot of your questions will be answered.
Ron
Ratnip
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

PreviousNext

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post