Our partner

Travel to Japan for treatment

Paranoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby Douter100 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:45 pm

We live in Canada and i dont think my brother is gonna get any better here. He has Paranoid Personality 17 years soon to be 18.
and im afraid the court force us to take him to Mental hospital as soon as he turns 18.

I took him to Dubai on a 4 weeks vacation he seem to be calmer here and does enjoy a few activity. I do give him Risperidone 3mg at nights ,

my plan is to bring him to Japan from here to do treatments there in the next couple days.

Is this a good idea? Are the medication better there?
Douter100
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby Akuma » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:25 am

Well if he has a disorder that needs treatment, forcing him to get treatment might be a good thing, not a bad thing. Just handing him meds he didnt even consent to taking is not only illegal but also short-sighted.
I am curious why you decide for Japan of all places though. Many Japanese experts still write and speak solely or at least primarily Japanese. And every mental disorder - especially one such as this - calls for medication plus therapy - the latter which will be impossible if he cant understand anything.
If you want to be helpful maybe instead of some hard to follow quickfix you should inform yourself about the options that exist for treatment for disorders such as this. Maybe something like Open Dialogue in Lapland.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:56 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby Douter100 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Akuma wrote:Well if he has a disorder that needs treatment, forcing him to get treatment might be a good thing, not a bad thing. Just handing him meds he didnt even consent to taking is not only illegal but also short-sighted.
I am curious why you decide for Japan of all places though. Many Japanese experts still write and speak solely or at least primarily Japanese. And every mental disorder - especially one such as this - calls for medication plus therapy - the latter which will be impossible if he cant understand anything.
If you want to be helpful maybe instead of some hard to follow quickfix you should inform yourself about the options that exist for treatment for disorders such as this. Maybe something like Open Dialogue in Lapland.


He refuse to take any medication so i have no choice to give him in a way , A mentally impaired person wont tell u he needs it or take it.
I will give a try in Japan and already contacted a translator to be with him 24/7 , he also refuse to see any doctor so we will see how this goes.

If things dont work out there, Next location will be India
Douter100
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby Akuma » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 am

Douter100 wrote:He refuse to take any medication so i have no choice to give him in a way , A mentally impaired person wont tell u he needs it or take it.
I will give a try in Japan and already contacted a translator to be with him 24/7 , he also refuse to see any doctor so we will see how this goes.

If things dont work out there, Next location will be India


India. A country with pretty low mental-healthcare quality? So you dont actually care about him getting good treatment, your plan is to go with him to random foreign countries, fleeing from the authorities while continuously keeping him stoned on pills without his knowledge. All the while rationalizing that its a good thing, when you do that, while if he was in a hospital he will "get worse". They would like you in the ASPD forum, I think,
And what will you do when you realize you have a life yourself, that 70-80 years is a damn long time, and you run out of money? Will you just let him stay in some random temple in the jungle somewhere with a bag of pills (you bought illegally in the third world country you just happen to reside in) telling him its candy?
I cant tell if you're a troll, an idiot, or pretty damn ill yourself.
Well, good luck with - whatever it is you think you're doing.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:56 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Akuma wrote:They would like you in the ASPD forum, I think.


No thanks.

If he is not willing to take his meds, then he needs to be institutionalised.

They are just going to force him to take his meds and offer him good psychiatric support and counselling in a language he understands.

Seems like a better deal than what you are offering.
User avatar
KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:37 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby Sejanus114 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:58 pm

It sounds like the gubbermint needs to protect your brother from you than the other way round. :(
Sejanus114
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby Douter100 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:45 pm

I convinced him to see a German psychiatrist here in Dubai . They will stop the Risperidone shorthly
And inject him Invega Sustena Once Monthly . I hope he recover fast

Ps* i just heard from a relative with this type or disorder that has been cured completely in 7 months in India with no medications i will try to find more infos about that
Douter100
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Travel to Japan for treatment

Postby Douter100 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 pm

I decided to not do this injection Invega sustena and went to see another psychiatrist.
Also these past weeks i noticed his right leg shaking nonstop and hands fingers. The new psychiatrist
said to stop Risperidone Immediately and start Olanzapine right away

Currently giving him 2mg oral risperidone and they prescribed olanzapine 10mg tablet

Will this be a good switch? How hard will this switch be for him? Can u just stop risperidone and start olanzapine just like that?
Douter100
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Return to Paranoid Personality Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests