Our partner

Need advice for panic

Panic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Need advice for panic

Postby Rails34 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:00 pm

has anyone ever felt physically ill from medication, it’s like the worst hangover that lasts for days,the feeling does subside, but always returns. When it does come I get the most hopeless feelings of despair and depression. Nothing makes me even remotely happy.

I’m currently on 200 mg Luvox,600 mg gabapentin and vistaril prn. But I take 100 mg a day. I’ve been on so many different meds in the past 3 years, and my life is continually getting worse. Suicide is a real option, but I don’t want to die. I just want the pain to stop..

There is nothing in my life that is making me anxious, actually everything is good. I just can’t find pleasure in anything, and am convinced it’s either the meds or I have a physical disease making me this way. I’m 48 and have had anxiety my whole life but this doesn’t even feel familiar. I’m almost hopeless.

Please help
Rails34
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Need advice for panic

Postby mooncake » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi! I just became a member here. I don't do forums but just knowing there are people here that's fighting with life every single day like me pushed me here. I have depression, anxiety and panic disorder but I haven't used any meds or go therapy so maybe I'm not the right person to give you advice, cause I can't know the struggling with pills. I just want you to know that suicide is not an option. You have more reasons to live than leave! Even while thinking you can't find any meaning to wake up every day and go on with your life, there is you! You r more than enough reason to holding on life! I know it's hard and you r hurting right now but pain is only temporary! It will go away when you start to believe in yourself! You said everything is good with your life, that means you can see but can't taste the feelings you want.You don't have to push yourself to feel anything, it will come to you in time. You r in the healing process and its ok to feel bad that only shows you r human. I can't find pleasure in anything too.I always think'' What's wrong with me, why can't I feel like them? If I smile now, will they believe I am having fun?'' and so on. I mean, we all have demons to deal with I just know that some are the same.Maybe we will never feel like they do but I hope we will taste our own happiness in the hand of those. Stay safe and be kind to yourself. Hope I have reached you :)
mooncake
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 am

Postby Insomniahurts » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 am

Hello,
I have experienced great success with a natural product that helped me so much for my paranoia and anxiety.

I used to do a lot of drugs and I think it caused a lot of anxiety, I used to be so scared to leave the house at night time and I would always run to my car and afraid someone would be following me I know it sounds crazy but I had these dark thoughts... I guess after effects of drug abuse.

If anyone would like to know what I have been using
please reach out
Thank you
Insomniahurts
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:17 pm

It's great that you've found great success with a natural product. I take prescribed valium twice a day as needed for anxiety, 10mg. (Diazepam) It helps me a lot. What do you take that works for you? It may not work for me, but if it's helping you, that's great!
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:47 am
Blog: View Blog (120)

Postby Wally58 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:03 am

I self-medicated with alcohol for many years. Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. I may have thought that it helped me deal with anxiety and panic at first, but then it turned against me and began causing anxiety and panic attacks.
Then I found out that it wasn't so easy to stop drinking. I had become alcoholic. I was eventually able to quit.
Therapists and doctors are leery about treating and prescribing meds to an active alcoholic as they won't be effective, so I was able to get help with my issues after I quit.
The same meds that helped with depression also helped with anxiety and panic. 90% of my symptoms went away after I quit drinking which allowed me to continue work on the other 10%. It is one day at a time.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:47 am

Return to Panic Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post