Our partner

Help, what is this?

Panic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Help, what is this?

Postby Trafmt » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Feelings: I want to hide from people. I feel judged. I feel like internally screaming. I want to run away. I want to escape. I don't want to be seen. I don't want to be judged. Hiding is safer. I don't want to interact with people. I feel like I have to wear a mask and I feel drained by concealing myself all day long. I want to quit my job. I feel like people are against me, everyone's against me. Laughter, noises, talking, social interaction, they all make me want to have an anxiety attack. What is wrong with me?
Trafmt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help, what is this?

Postby mooncake » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:16 pm

I believe you have social anxiety. I have it too but not that extreme as you describe. I suggest going to a therapist even thought it may seem very hard to do so. Getting professional help will make it easier for you. Hiding may seem safer but actually it drains you and makes it harder for you to go out there. You said concealing yourself is consuming, well it is but you don't have to go through that! You don't have a mask to wear if you don't create yourself one. We are our own people. You r the way you are. Why do you feel the need to disquise yourself? Why wouldn't they accept you? You r perfect the way you are. I know the feeling of being judged is powerful, it can blur all the reactions you r getting from people. But I want you to know that everything is in your head. Our perception can twist so easily. They are not judging you.No, you r the one that's doing that. So I want you to face yourself first. And maybe than you can see it for yourself that your thoughts are the makings of your reality so you can change it the way you want. Also you said all of this makes you feel near anxiety. The fear of having an anxiety can trigger the anxiety so, don't let that fear control you. I hope you the best, take care.
mooncake
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Panic Disorder