Our partner

New to Panic Attacks & Scared

Panic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

New to Panic Attacks & Scared

Postby Scared148 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:09 pm

I think I'm suffering from panic attacks in a vicious cycle with my guts. I have always had bowel problems, nothing big, just not regular. Since mid December when my first panic of not being able to get to a bathroom when the pain hit, I have now had at least 6 instances where I'm fine and then just decide that I have to use the bathroom and then the panic sets in. I have a 40 mile commute to work every morning and I started taking the back roads instead of the interstate due to all the traffic and possibility of accidents where I would be stuck.

That seemed to be working until this morning when, for no reason, I just got panicked that I might need a bathroom (I didn't). It's like my mind is making me think I have to find a bathroom even when I don't need one and then I feel like I need to go NOW and then that makes the panic worse which makes me actually need a bathroom. I crank my air conditioning, roll down my windows, anything to make me feel anything besides the panic.

I'm really scared. It's happened twice when I've been alone out in public with my son, who is 7 and is very sympathetic but this weekend it happened with my husband also and he was not so sympathetic and could not understand why (after we stopped at a Sheetz for me to use the bathroom) I could not make myself get back in the truck just to go down the road a few miles. HELP!!!!!! I do have an appointment with my doctor this week. I feel like I'm losing my mind!
Scared148
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New to Panic Attacks & Scared

Postby Magicmark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 am

Hey there! Had the same problems like you do, i had a fear of public places whenever I went in i was scared of I will need a bathroom and will not be able to have one and felt like Im trapped;) then started a full blown panic;( but I 'm all ok now and i wanna share with you how I got well with it.

Cheers!
Magicmark
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Panic Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post