Our partner

My husband doesnt know i suffer from pannic attacks

Panic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My husband doesnt know i suffer from pannic attacks

Postby Maya01 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:35 am

Hello,
My husband does not know that i suffer from pannick attacks and i am scared to confess him this, beacuse i am afraid he can leave me. He has realized lately that i am not behaving well, that i have trouble sleeping because leaving togeteher there is a point it is difficult to hide. He is a wonderful man but i dont know if he will stand by me. It is sad that people support others if they have pshisical illnesses such as diabetes, cancer, etc. but they look down at people with mental problems, they do not know how difficiult this is.
I really need support, i feel very lonely because i have to go through this alone, i wish i coud go to group therapy, I wish somebody could cure me for good. When i am not in a anxiety episode i am pretty normal, but when i am experiencing this i know i behave odd, and i look nervous and on the edge.
I am leaving in a country that is being devastated by a communist regime, lots of corruption, and the last 3 years have been pretty bad in temrs of food and medical supplies scarcity, media is controlled by the government, the crime levels are very high, so people are scared to go out at night for instance. These are very difficult times in this country and even though me and my husband i privileged and we have good jobs and stuff, i still feel that the country situation has affected me a lot. Half of my family left the country already as well as many friends. I know that i can not blame the country for my anxiety disorder, but it doesnt help at all.
Maya01
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My husband doesnt know i suffer from pannic attacks

Postby girlanachronism93 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi Maya01,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation - it sounds awful. I am in a similar situation in that I live with my partner and have recently been diagnosed with anxiety and, though he knows about this, we haven't really spoken about it much. I understand that it can feel claustrophobic living with someone and spending so much time with them but that makes it more difficult to hide things from them. I believe it's better to be honest with them.

I think it's important to communicate with your husband, especially about your emotions and well-being. If he is as wonderful as you say I'm sure he would rather know what's going on with you and want to be supportive and help you. And this way you might not feel so alone. :)
girlanachronism93
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:41 am

Re: My husband doesnt know i suffer from pannic attacks

Postby atina » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:20 pm

Dear Maya01:

You write as if it is a sin on your part to suffer from anxiety, from panic attacks (you used the word "confess" to your husband). And you write as if your husband does not have any mental problems. He may not have panic attacks, but I have no doubt he is afraid, often enough, sometimes more than is comfortable for him. So he should be familiar with fear. As all humans and animals are afraid.

Of course the situation in your country has an affect on you, why not blame it as part of it?

Hope you perceive your anxiety not as something you are doing wrong and not as something that your husband is not familiar with. I like a line from a poem that says: "Every one of us is afraid. Every one of us has to find a way to live with fear."

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:41 am

Return to Panic Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post