Our partner

Health consequences of panic disorder

Panic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Health consequences of panic disorder

Postby mobley99 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:20 am

Hi everyone.

Im new to this forum and i decided start here for my personal experience and i hope your advices .

Im 27 yo. I diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia since 2009. I have high blood pressure for many years (i think 2 or 3) My treatment basically consist in clonazepam (1mg) and paroxetine 20mg from about 5 years. I reduce my dosage from 20mg to 10mg (2 years) and for now withdrawal all my medication. One year ago im still with enalapril 10mg for my hbp.

I have recurred panic attacks for temporal weeks but my fear is that reading some sources (Anxiety May Increase Risk of Heart Disease and other articles) and given my situation (6 years with panic attacks (controlled but sometimes with relapses) im scarred with heart attacks or brain stroke because my attacks seems to be severe in the major of the cases. Currently i ve tachycardia with lapses of 30-40 minutes and i dont know if someone of you has an similar history and evolution of your tratments.

i ve been leave paxil for about 1 month and i dont know if is the reason for my recurrent panic, beacuse the last 2 years i felt good. Thanks
mobley99
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Health consequences of panic disorder

Postby AnalyzeThis123 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi, I think i'm in a similar situation, hbp but no meds. I don't have high hart rate though, except when I'm panicky.

I would recommend something that worked for me.

1. NO Caffeine.
2. Excercise. Ideally, run/fast walk for 30-40 mins a day. I feel like at times, I need to run off the excess energy that turns into anxiety/panic. Once I run or workout until exhaustion, I'm too tired to panic.
AnalyzeThis123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Panic Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post