Our partner

Arik's Dream Journal (Replies Welcome)

Journals for member's. Contact staff if you'd like to start one.
Forum rules
Please ask staff to start to the forum for you. Also let us know if replies or welcome or if you'd like to have it just for you.

Arik's Dream Journal (Replies Welcome)

Postby Snaga » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:04 pm

Replies welcome!

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Arik's Dream Journal (Replies Welcome)

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 pm

March 20, 2018

For years, I had nightmares about Henrietta, our 1986 Ford Tempo, and something terrible happening to her.

Recently I started to have pleasant dreams about her. Last night I had a dream that I entered her into a race for high-mileage cars. Henrietta lost to a number of Mercedes Benz that had even more miles on them. However, it was still a great race because Henrietta proved that she still got it.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:49 pm

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:44 pm

February 26, 2019

I had a charming dream taking entirely in a beautiful, historic town in the mountains. At least, that is how it started; the dream had a sudden, tragic ending. In it, my sister *mod edit* had a wide variety of interests. In addition to publishing three books, she was a professional race car driver and even gotten involved in ice hockey. It was through ice hockey that she knew the Olympic medalist figure skater, Kaede Saito. Since *mod edit* is such a fan of Kaede, *Mod edit* arranged a meeting for her sister. I woke up thinking I needed to share this dream on *mod edit*.

I went back to sleep, and the dream continued. This time, tragedy struck the historic town in the mountains. A wildfire devastated it, destroying the landmark church and Kaede's home. Though the fire had consumed her house entirely, her medals and a few other things (which were in the house at the time) remained untouched.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: anonymity and privacy
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:49 pm

April 28, 2019

I recently watched the time travel movie The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. A reality manipulator, Haruhi Suzumiya, disappears, and no one in school, except for Kyon, remembers being a student by that name.

Kyon has experienced many weird things during that school year so that the unusual is normal to him. To him having Haruhi disappear and no one in school remembering that person is beyond weird.

Kyon searches to find out what happened so that he can correct the timeline. He goes to the Literary Club, where he and Haruhi hang out and sees an old computer that was not there before. He also finds a bookmark with a cryptic message written on it. He has seen enough weirdness to know that these are not coincidences. Those two items are what he needs to correct the timeline.

Last night I had a dream related to the movie. In it, minor changes to the timeline were a regular occurrence. Every morning after I woke up, I would check a photo album. If there were no changes to the photo album, that's good. There was no change to the timeline. If anything was out of place, it meant there was a change to the timeline. After I corrected the timeline, the photo album would go back to the way it was.

One morning I wake up, go through my morning routine and discover there are no photographs in the album. This isn't good. The next thing I do is check my wallet. The cash is there; my identification and bank cards are gone. I knew what this meant. I was screwed. Without my bank cards and ID, I did not exist. I was physically there; no one would know who I was because I never lived.

I, however, noticed something in my wallet that was never there before: a U.S. Marine Corps medallion. I've seen enough weird stuff to know that this is not a coincidence. This medallion means something. I know of only one person who was in the Marine Corps, J. I deduced that the medal showing up in my wallet meant I needed to talk to J. As a person who never existed, I knew that J would not know who I was. Nevertheless, I had to speak to her. I went to her house not knowing what to expect. Would I receive a message? Would I receive a clue as to where to go next? Either way, I had to consider that there could be such a drastic change to the timeline that mentioning something about a Bible study would mean nothing to her. Therefore I had to be observant, see if there was anything the same or different about her house, and be mindful of what I say. I could not tell her that the timeline had been changed and that I needed to talk to her to fix it.

Unfortunately, I woke up. Therefore I don't know what happened next.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: names shortened to one letter- privacy/anonymity concerns
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:51 pm

June 22, 2019

I usually don't remember conversations in dreams, especially as bizarre as what I had in last night's dream. In it, a guy I was talking to and I were in *mod edit*, and he said there was a sinkhole in the middle of a road. The conversation went something like this:

Me: There's a sinkhole in the middle of a street? *mod edit* is not known for sinkholes.

Guy: When *mod edit* originally built the road, there was a hole in the ground. The city decided to fill in the ditch with metal trashcans and covered up the trashcans with dirt.

Me: The city should have known that trashcans could not support the weight.

Guy: Of course, the city knew; they thought they could remedy the problem by gluing green beans to the trashcans to make them heavier.

Even in the dream, it was so apparent that the guy was pulling my chain.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: privacy issues please be mindful of information given out in posts
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:53 pm

September 29, 2019

I have not been able to remember dreams recently; fortunately, I can remember this one. Dick Van Dyke, another acting legend, and I were being chased by an individual or group. I don't know who was chasing us or why. Early on, the other actor was no longer in danger, and when it was safe to do so, they left. Now, it was just Dick and me.

After a long day of running through stores, streets and hopping on a train, Dick and I were tired and hungry. We walked into a rundown deli to get something to eat, and I woke up.

I went back to sleep, and the dream continued. Dick was able to get transportation, a used van.

After the danger was over, Dick gave me the title and the keys to the van. At first, I considered getting rid of the cargo van since I didn't need it. Then I thought, "Who else gets the chance to be on the run with Dick Van Dyke? I'm keeping the van."
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:55 pm

November 16, 2019

In last night's dream, a female geek and I have been friends for years. I don't remember how many, but it has been a significant amount of time. My friend also happens to be a princess.

As the two of us were alone in the palace, setting up a SCSI RAID, she asked, "Do you want to get married?"

As I was installing another hard drive, I said, "Sure. Hand me the screwdriver."

We set the date two days from then. So, we had two whole days to put a royal wedding together.

Sure, the princess and I have been close friends for years; as a commoner, I had some adjusting to do when people would refer to me as Prince Arik. My thought would be, "I'm not a prince. Oh, wait, technically, I am."
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:56 pm

January 5, 2020

I don't remember how this came other than I was chosen because I did not behave like a crazed fan; in last night's dream, I was with some of the original Star Wars cast members for a day: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Alec Guinness.

Oddly, except for Alec Guinness, who looked the same as in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, the other actors looked much older as if the dream took place a few years ago. Maybe Alec Guinness was a force ghost.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:58 pm

March 5, 2020

To the best of my recollection, last night's dream has been the only dream I've had that has involved math.

I was working with a lady, a mathematician, and she demonstrated why dividing by zero is a problem in a way I could understand. For this to be in a dream, I must have known why but have forgotten.

One thing that she could not do was divide by 12. She was a brilliant woman. The problem wasn't for lack of intellect. I suspect some psychological block.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:00 am

March 15, 2020

In my most recent dream, I sat in on a meeting where school library workers made their case for their proposed budget. The decision-makers questioned the effectiveness of the additional educational material the library was seeking.

I quietly slipped out of the meeting and walked down a hall as I thought about when I was in high school and how much I learned from the educational material the library workers were wanting. As I walked down the hall, I heard an instrumental rendition of "Un Flambeau, Jeannette, Isabelle."

I walked to the edge of a semi-secluded area where an expensive catered event was in progress. Fabric table cloths covered each eight-person round table. A fancy place setting and program were at every seat. Couples and families were seated at the tables, with their chairs turned toward a platform. Approximately two place settings per table were vacant. The food had yet to be served, but nicely dressed servers were standing by.

Girls, all of whom were about the same age, in identical white dresses with matching gold accessories, made their way to the platform in a ceremonial procession as a recording of the song I heard is played.

I ran what I was witnessing through my mind, but I could not think of any event where only females of that age would be a part of such a ceremony. Though I was dying of curiosity, I did not want to be an annoyance during this happy occasion. Out of respect, I left. As I did, I passed a cart with what looked to be more programs. The programs appeared very fancy. Did they, for whatever reason, print more programs, or were they reserved for a specific purpose? Not wanting to take a chance, I walked away though curiosity was eating at me.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Online Journals

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post