Our partner

0amgine journal: open to comments

Journals for member's. Contact staff if you'd like to start one.
Forum rules
Please ask staff to start to the forum for you. Also let us know if replies or welcome or if you'd like to have it just for you.

0amgine journal: open to comments

Postby 0amgine » Sat May 04, 2019 4:48 am

Greetings. In the past 'my self' was better known on here via these..
____

^_^ ... once upon a time

online-journals/topic196580-120.html

online-journals/topic101629.html

online-journals/topic165737.html#p1711349

*mod edit*

blog/xod_s/itʹs_better_to_be_skeptical_than_to_be_hateful_%28imo%29_b-6744.html

blog/xod_s/the_ending_of_ʹthe_truman_showʹ_is_on_my_mind_in_this_ʹreviewʹ_b-11146_sid-a90950c69f8d7b39f73a1288043a3e4a.html

I mean to 'return' to this website indeterminately after having grown and wandered the internet before. I have grown weary of '7cups', exhausted 'wrongplanet.net' as I sought and have yet to find much reason to make myself known in the DA forums. Had 'wrongplanet.net', had a journal section like this I would have stay fixated on an autism focused site.

__

I would trust that my local community was improving if I was more 'tell-tale' comments in comments on books about addiction in the library system catalogue.

If I had no ambivalence as to whether I could meet expectations comfortably in regards to work tasks/was competent I could see myself being ~2/3 like Ed in 'Good burger'.
Last edited by Snaga on Sat May 04, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: outside link removed; privacy, other site concerns
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 12:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 0amgine journal: open to comments

Postby 0amgine » Sat May 04, 2019 1:20 pm

What you call religion or spirituality, the commitment and respect stereotypical of it?. That is how I value reciprocation and temperament for when it comes to emotional regulation. Please don't dismiss me as boring. Give me a job with not too much of a learning curve and more than adequate job security.

I may have access to social assistance but that doesn't mean I mean to let you down.
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0amgine » Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 am

I like art but am not good at it, ...something,something existentialism in 'the face of it', better than religion.

Mellowing out v. risk-taking

I don't like pottery/ceramic making as much as I thought I would.
___

I knew someone who was a Latter-day saint and when it came to the mandatory proselytizing phase Latter-day saints need to go through it's not really enjoyed by the members themselves. I remember how he told me of a group who were based in South America who were so dulled out they posted videos of themselves faux lightsabre fighting. This being during the late 00's before social media or at least shared videos on social media caught on much more.

I think to myself how many find themselves in a position of 'following' needing to make a 'following' grow out. I think to myself persons soliciting for NPO organizations particularly ones around my age around a certain Jackson Square. The Jackson Square/downtown region of Hamilton isn't dangerous (barely, not really--the vibe of 'iffy-ness' is there but barely anything major occurs) but it sure is hard to look at . It makes me sad do that to make ends meet around an area where there isn't much ambiguity about scarcity.

I'm skeptical about the authenticity of involving themselves in such tasks--righteous as the causes are, are jobs really so scarce for they themselves that they will put themselves in such a position in such an area to make ends meet?--it makes me sad.

I find the concept of embracing the phrase 'nerd' repugnant b/c even with recent marketing, reappropriation efforts and psychontic/sociopolitical environments (particularly with the internet) it barely takes away from the infamous anti-intellectualism a seemingly ephemeral 'Dr.Seuss' created word can have even on regions where education is still very much a privilege in this world of inequity riddled labour markets. it's why I hate it when Conan stares in tedium into the camera during moments in 'Clueless gamer' segments while someone tries to give some context. It's stupid and judgemental even before getting into the issue of the age demographic doing it. His redeeming moment came with the 'fair levity' he gave in his travel series while in Haiti specifically.

Happiness is seeing buskers do cool stuff.
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0amgine » Mon May 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Art is not sport.

There is a difference between being judgemental and being arbitrary.

"By 2047 there will more people over age 60 than kids under age 15"

"The try guys live like 80-year-olds for a day--5:36"

https://youtu.be/nwLxTWzvSkw?t=336
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0amgine » Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Paul Tillich, "Boredom is rage spread thin" --- here's to an infinitely cruel omni-god who probably doesn't allow me to do stuff until I've meet a 'quota' of pain, *cough* correction --'experience' of the indeterminitely dragging kind which might very well destroy me not quite b/c of it's sole inertia but the deadly thing about boredom is that others act like jacka---* with zero care--the anti-thesis to what is *keeping* you alive in spite of sollipistic social construct like money saying otherwise.

If you know your low-skilled why the h---l are you risking your neck behaviorally by being a jacka-- in terms of attitude?. Is apathy so f---g prevelant a d--- universal painkiller to do non-post-teritiary sector work that we're stuck in bloody vicious cycles by ppl who get the 'just children deep inside' pass?. Perpetuating centuries of stupidity and irresponsibility. How much of life is clinging to a surface to not be taken away by that 'black hole'?.

*Sigh =_= * security guards.

Colour labs'

Instant gratification=‘securing your happiness(?)’

When the step you are taking is taking too long and you were expecting to do another step—xD even my mom has less reservations about Caucasian ppl than I do!.

The one episode of 'tales from the crypt' with the siblings who shrank down to ant size. It was basically a more suspenseful episode of 'Tales from the cryptkeeper'.

* Hence why I don't realyl believe the 'don't care what others think' line when most life is near obligatory labour. D--- how 'right' Ligotti is on self-depection >:I >_< !.

Please: job interview acceptance for Friday.
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0amgine » Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am

Commenting on books about addiction when my username consists of my initials might not be such a wise-thing to do when I mean to apply to a library position.

I realize how part of the hype about Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson playing Black Adam is based on how he kind of looks like him and you would think it would allowed for him given his physique and charisma. From what I wiki-read about the 'Shazam!' movie, the ending hints more at an 'injustice society' formation with Mr.Mind's involvement sooner than the presence of Black Adam. A Black Adam movie could work esp. if they go with the characterization which built around the character before, during and during the post- '52 event' (the one which happened after 'Infinite crisis') with Kahndaq having a similarity to Marvel's Wakanda when it comes to it's ~'isolationism' but I could imagine 'the Rock' just as likely being a semi-self-parody (like Kurt Russell was as 'Ego the living planet' to an extent) just as much as he'd be an anti-hero version of 'the Scorpion king'.

I could also see him being a semi-self-parody if he was playing Namor for that matter : roll : .

Given how 'resource intensive' learning to paint is, I am given motive to actually give a d--n about learning *digital* painting.
___

I don't really think that a competent live action Pokemon adaptation of the 'main series' would be feasible. Anytime soon...30 year cycle consideration,*be patient* to let things 'simmer' until a deeper story could touch a broader demographic.

It's not like last 1/2 century ago where original ideas from movies got their media 'spin-offs' made *after* more often than not.

.............'Pray for me' by Weeknd and Kendrick Lamar'....

._. I'm fearful of a job interview. Tomorrow.
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Job interview went okay

Postby 0amgine » Sun May 12, 2019 2:53 am

I'm not young enough or at least don't have the 'zeal' to watch something the 'Limitations of the Marvel universe' (https://www.youtube.com/user/patrickhwillems/videos) videos like I would have earlier this decade but I'm glad to have lived long enough to see something like it become relevant.

I remember how at around the end of the Wisecrack video about 'Logan'

https://youtu.be/tHLw7ox458c?t=647 : 10:41~12:21

, Hugh Jackman retiring from the X-men character meant an 'end of an era' as Marvel studios and other studios which still have their properties to an extent (like Fox) were getting more tense regarding how characters were used and movie Wolverine's demise was symbolic of disengaging from this. This was barely a year after 'Deadpool' and more or less a year before Sony releasing 'Venom', Spider-man: into the spider-verse' and Fox being absorbed by Disney.

Given the 'snap' in 'Avengers 4' and what was said by Jake Gyllenhaal's version of Mysterio for the 'Spider-man: far from home' trailer confirming a multiverse, I like many would find it great if the current Fox studios X-men cast could segue-way into the MCU--I would even apply this to the production-troubled 'New mutants' cast as well. It's way more convenient to just integrate whoever is already present given the 'soft-reboot(?)' of the 'Avengers 4 snap' ('X-men: days of future pas't was suppose to be that for Fox studios X-men series*) the so that we can skip more production issues and the possible tedium of origin stories to 'get down to fun' ; the Fantastic four are on their way and the Avengers cast after ~a collective decade are understandably tired enough that they are open to shifting gears slowly down while studio politics make moves for finding cool replacements to the benefit of a possible 'Phase 5' as DC is gaining it's tempo.

Yes, I'm aware that even with these considerations it's unlikely that this will mean that the Netflix 'Defenders' cast or cast of shows like 'The gifted','Legion' and 'Runaways' will be integrated (dang :mrgreen: , I would not complain if they did though).

For the past 'three phases' we have had the steady build up/fun to get to the point of unravelling a cosmic level threat like Thanos and I suggest that for 'Phase 4' we get hints as to how with or without Ryan Reynolds (who I could see as having a cameo role substituting for Stan Lee whilst he was a 'Watcher') Deadpool is going to be present and how a non-Hugh Jackman Wolverine will eventually become present.

Now with the mention of those two characters it brings an issue which was brought up in the Wisecrack video. Fox took the 'fruitful' risk of doing R-rated superhero movies using some of Marvel's most famous characters before Marvel Studios did. Note we are discounting the Blade trilogy's conclusion ~a decade and a half ago' and the more consistently uncompromising luridness of the respective series for Netflix's 'the Defenders' cast. Having done that majorly 'established turf'. Marvel being willing to do that has been hotly talked about. Being under Disney isn't *the only* hang-up but it probably is one which is more likely to imeediately come to mind than others..

Imo when I ponder about my personal exposure w/Marvel all the way back to being a 90's era toddler watching the Fox kids 'X-men' and 'Spider-man' 'TAS's' , Marvel is not as reluctant to be unsubtle in it's marketing and marketing lengths. A difference to hammy-ness DC has is a late-comer to, only having somewhat embraced something like that after 2k12 brought 'Arrow' and it's 'spin-offs' which have been greatly appreciated as far genre TV shows go, coming a long way from 'Smallville' and now starting to pay off with post 'Justice league' movies like 'Aquaman' and 'Shazam!'. What has happened in the 10's is that Marvel (bought by Disney in '09) has apparently culminated more resources with access to Disney and maybe as part of it (but not as much as most ppl might think) they have carefully cultivated an image which caters to the widest demographics including that ever lucrative demographic of *familes* even with the more recent big-screen luridness of successful universal genocide and the decapitacion of it's perpetrator. The *quality* of Marvel,Marvel studios writing 'mature storylines' is still heavily under question. It's kind of like how you might wonder if the cast members of 'The expendables' are actually effective at self-defence irl in spite of years of cleverly choreographed fights almost wiping out such doubts.

Take-away: R rated Marvel studio movies using it's more famous characters are a serious concern for Phase 4 and beyond. I think that Fox and even Sony takes on X-men and Spider-man related characters can with some adjustments fit the stylistic tones of the MCU with integration but the likelihood of this happening rides a lot on how much and for what reasons the three different studios (plus Disney somehow) are willing to not remain self-isolated like b/c of how profiteering and streaming of ticket sales is directed. That is difficult even before say imagining what an R-rated MCU *movie* (not web or Netflix) would look like and be received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIR_R8bVSBA -- 0:00~1:55

'Historically' DC (particularly when it's 'Vertigo' line was active) was seemingly better than Marvel when it came to it's 'mature reader line-up' (over most of Marvel's MAX line-ups) and it has taken at least one big-screen risk with 'The watchmen' for all it's mixed reception and the apparent non-Disney restrained creative freedom is popping up in 'Doom patrol' and 'Swamp thing'. Whether 'Lucifer' is relevant to the luridness is up to debate..I would find it more relevant if something live-action was down w/'The sandman' series from which it's source comics 'spun-off' from. Tbh, I can't quite think of a mainstream Justice league associated DC character having an R rated movie justified.. :| something like Joaquin Phoenix's 'Joker' might change my mind and the 'Birds of prey' movie for that matter.

*For that matter however X-men: Dark Phoenix results it could benefit into Marvel integration b/c of the 'Avengers 4 snap' as well. I've read how things are fuzzy and plot-hole riddled if we are to believe that this take on the 'Dark Phoenix' story-line (itself compensating for 'The last stand') eventually leads to the 2000 'X-men' movie

Now what will it take for another X-men cartoon as great and at least 'in between' 'Wolverine and the X-men' and the 90's Fox cartoon :| ?.
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0amgine » Tue May 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Trying too hard to be different.
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0amgine » Wed May 15, 2019 3:32 am

The 'Pokemon: the origins' original video animation like adaptation of 'Gen.I' which I realize was likely made as a 'promo show' for the 'mega evolutions' made ~5 yrs ago, is imo the content needed to adapt 'Gen. I' into a movie, not taking into account the manga takes. It's all right there: compact distillation of the 'travelling and collecting badges, taking on organized crime groups and legendaries being unsettled formulas'.

In terms of stylistic tone, I could see it being like the post-'X-men first class' movies

*mod edit*

and here is why. There is a reoccurring pattern esp. after Gen.II for the crime groups to be apparently 'well intentioned extremists' in contrast to a run-of-the-mill (albeit animal trafficking oriented) mafia type group like Team Rocket (although they could be the well-written segue way to the 'well intentioned extremists using super-powered animal trafficking' of later groups..

Team Magma and Aqua thought they were doing the world favours by fulfilling drought or flood inducing prophecies, Cyrus was an omnicidal maniac messing with the fabric of reality and N. is the one which actually got a vouching from PETA, after all these years. Note: this is coming from a fellow who hasn't really been clear about things post-'Gen.4' which by later this later will be 1/2 the franchise.

This is important to (a) prevent movie adaptations from being hokey/semi-schlocky kids fare which will have there quality compromised b/c of that attitude towards the franchise's reputation and (b) to prevent the possible schlock of violence, gratuitous violence which comes from a franchise undeniably about super-powered animal-baiting. Paraphrasing Grace Randolph on 'The live action Lion king trailer': "The same but more sophisticated" is what is sought in adaptations and for things to 'balance out' and demonstrate how the super-powered animal-baiting aspect is a *fantasy element*, it helps to have subtexts with implicit messages about ppl doing 'the wrong things for the apparent right reasons' when what could be seen as ubiquitous animal abuse can be interpreted on 'both sides'. That ambiguity 'can work' though even if I realize how when you go meaning to make something 'deep and complicated/ meaningful' for a more 'substance over style' series entry which won't become 'stale' anytime soon it usually translates as expensive to undertake in terms of gathering the most prime directors, writers, great cast and the resources for great production design and special effects. Pokemon can serve as a vehicle for vaguely environmentalist subtexts once given the stylistic tone and taken as seriously as the post-'First class' X-men movies have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em2aPNKGaDg
, since https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMzwcIG8vgk is encouraging but is Hollywood the same?.
0amgine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0amgine » Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 am

When you don't care about anything=rebellion

Considering purchasing

--a multifunction printer

--an appointment w/a chiropractor

Omeleto: YouTube channel