Our partner

Can anyone relate to this?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Can anyone relate to this?

Postby helpamamaout12 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:05 am

I had a dream the other night that was sexual. In the dream I was feeling aroused. When I woke up the feeling was still there and for a second or two I let it stay. My whole issue is my daughter was sleeping next to me. Even though it had absolutely nothing to do with her the fact that I let the feeling from my dream continue for a second after I woke up makes me feel like I acted inappropriately while my kid was sleeping next to me because I let the feeling continue after waking up. Even if just for a second. Anyone have something like this happen? I’m struggling
helpamamaout12
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can anyone relate to this?

Postby Snaga » Thu May 26, 2022 4:06 am

Hello and welcome- I'd suggest it's pretty natural that a sexual dream linger on a short while upon waking- as you said, your daughter had nothing to do with it.
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby helpamamaout12 » Thu May 26, 2022 5:47 am

I’m just hung up on the fact she was next to me and I allowed the feeling to happen. No it was in no way related to her but it makes me feel bad.
helpamamaout12
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Thu May 26, 2022 5:38 pm

Right- because you're supposed to be perfect and put the brakes on the aftermath of a dream that you had no control over being sexual...

You're only human, you know. Although this is a good reminder that at some point your daughter will be too old to allow her to sleep next to you. But I really don't know how a fellow is supposed to control his dreams or not have a lingering after-effect when he wakes up from one. Especially considering our tendency to have morning erections. You're going to have to let this go.
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby helpamamaout12 » Thu May 26, 2022 7:04 pm

Lol… I’m a female. I get what you are saying though and appreciate your responses very much. I’m very critical of myself and that fact that I kind of squeezed down there to let the feeling linger for a second has me thinking I’m a monster.
helpamamaout12
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Fri May 27, 2022 3:53 pm

helpamamaout12 wrote:Lol… I’m a female. I get what you are saying though and appreciate your responses very much. I’m very critical of myself and that fact that I kind of squeezed down there to let the feeling linger for a second has me thinking I’m a monster.

Oh, my bad. That's what happens when you assume. And it's a bit harder to hide arousal, thus my assumption since you're pretty upset over it. I have a godchild, and I know if I woke next to them with a raging erection I'd be a bit self-conscious, once I'd woke up enough, anyway. I was thinking within my chromosomes.

Well... I'm sure you ... wait- 'squeezed'. If you're talking about your muscles down there then that's even less obtrusive than a hand. From the outside, you understand it's incomprehensible there's anything monstrous about any of this. But I mean I'm OCD- I can appreciate how the mind gets away with a person.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby helpamamaout12 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:31 pm

Yes just kind of squeezed muscles to keep the feeling for a second. Then was like “Wait what?” And instant disgust. I’m trying to realize my OCD is really trying to get me. I really do appreciate your thoughts and responses. Helps to get it out.
helpamamaout12
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post