Our partner

So I surrendered to OCD and this is what happened yesterday

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

So I surrendered to OCD and this is what happened yesterday

Postby Koda1024 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:10 pm

So I thought to myself (after watching a Seinfeld clip about George doing the opposite). What if I approached this "bully" with tongue and cheek, head on?? Scared of the thoughts of suicide, depression, anxiety, worry.... And sort of approaching it as "yup, today's the day I'm definitely going to be afraid, yup, OCD you got me, I'm going to be SUPER afraid of my thoughts, I will probably actually do them and love them!, I can't wait, yea you are right OCD! No really, all my thoughts ARE probably true, it's gonna happen any second now (and at that point it was kind of funny, I said, "hold on a second, I need to figure out what I want for lunch, yea, .. I want that" and go right back at it. "Ok, where were we?"...

You ever get bullied in high school, grade school, and you got soooooooo sick of it, they you just like agree with them (but you don't), ... and they can't stand it. "Oh (fill in your name), you are dumb and scared and smell like crap", ... and your response is yup, I know, it's terrible, yup, yup, yup.... agreeing with everything. Soon, the bully knows it's NOT getting a rise out of you and finally backs off. BUT, they return and guess what????, you do the same thing... "hey I want to punch you or you are stupid", and your response is "yup, I know, I get it, you are right, yup, , yup, yup" Bully rolls their eyes and walks away. YOU are building up a tolerance to them and their meaningless, intrusive thoughts, anxiety and worry". YOU are coming to the fight, YOU are facing the fear head on, YOU are throwing up the white flag saying "yup OCD, you are right, everything you said in my head is true! It's awesome! I can't wait to hang myself, strangle my kid, get a disease, jump off the roof top, drive into that pedestrian, swallow a bottle of bleach (what else did I miss here), become gay or not, blow up that building, you get the point. It's the George Opposite! It goes against EVERYTHING our "over-freakin", exercised Amy-G-Dala (I like to pronounce it that way) is telling us NOT to do. THAT IS WHERE WE WIN. COME RIGHT AT IT WITH a SUPER SNARKY ATTITUDE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY
Koda1024
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: So I surrendered to OCD and this is what happened yesterday

Postby Snaga » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:17 pm

From what I know about ERP (not much) that sounds like a form of it... you have to call its bluff. You have to. If you don't.. then... we just keep on being scared.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Re: So I surrendered to OCD and this is what happened yesterday

Postby Koda1024 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:17 pm

it's crazy and it's NOT about giving in, it's trickery on the high seas.... OCD, you want to scare me, OK! Awesome, Bring MORE of it! I LOVE being scared and full of anxiety, it's so enjoyable! lol.... But, you gotta take that leap. Trust THE OPPOSITE. If everything we have been doing is wrong, then the opposite will be right. That's like Ph.D talk right there.... I mean, not from me, but from Phillipson, Martin Seif, and many others.
Koda1024
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post