Our partner

Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby WhyDoIExist » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:09 pm

Like, can it make you feel like you want to do things with kids, for example? I know you can definitely get physical sensations in your privates and stuff, but what about thoughts such as 'ooh, I want that'? Obviously accompanied by anxiety and generally awful feelings.

I been dealing with what I hope is POCD for about a decade at this point, and it's scaring me to death...
WhyDoIExist
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:46 am

I don't know about that, but if you've been suffering from this for about a decade and haven't done anything, I HIGHLY doubt you're a pedophile. It's just POCD.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Image
Image
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck
User avatar
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
 
Posts: 5113
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby Snaga » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:48 am

Agreed, and I'm pretty sure OCD isn't above sticking those thoughts in there. Remember. I don't know. Sometimes it's helpful to picture OCD as a living thing inside your head, a parasite. That eats fear and will do whatever it takes to get it. It's also handy to sometime picture it as an addiction. In some ways, I think we act, to an outside observer, as if we're addicted to our fear. And so when we get acclimated, something has to be done to ramp it up.

If you really wanted to do kids, you'd know it. You might hate it, but you'd find excuses. You're temporize. You'd wrestle with it all the time. You'd feel desire and it would gnaw, like a malicious mouse. I didn't ask to be Bi, but it's THERE. Well, being a pedo would be there. If you really wanted that, by golly you'd want that. And I have my serious doubts anyone in the forum really, really wants that. Y'all wouldn't be wringing your hands over it, like y'all do. OCD can really mess with a person.
Image

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
User avatar
Snaga
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14308
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:58 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby WhyDoIExist » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Snaga wrote:Agreed, and I'm pretty sure OCD isn't above sticking those thoughts in there. Remember. I don't know. Sometimes it's helpful to picture OCD as a living thing inside your head, a parasite. That eats fear and will do whatever it takes to get it. It's also handy to sometime picture it as an addiction. In some ways, I think we act, to an outside observer, as if we're addicted to our fear. And so when we get acclimated, something has to be done to ramp it up.

If you really wanted to do kids, you'd know it. You might hate it, but you'd find excuses. You're temporize. You'd wrestle with it all the time. You'd feel desire and it would gnaw, like a malicious mouse. I didn't ask to be Bi, but it's THERE. Well, being a pedo would be there. If you really wanted that, by golly you'd want that. And I have my serious doubts anyone in the forum really, really wants that. Y'all wouldn't be wringing your hands over it, like y'all do. OCD can really mess with a person.


I just feel horrified... Can it FEEL like you want to without it being true?
WhyDoIExist
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 pm

WhyDoIExist wrote:
Snaga wrote:Agreed, and I'm pretty sure OCD isn't above sticking those thoughts in there. Remember. I don't know. Sometimes it's helpful to picture OCD as a living thing inside your head, a parasite. That eats fear and will do whatever it takes to get it. It's also handy to sometime picture it as an addiction. In some ways, I think we act, to an outside observer, as if we're addicted to our fear. And so when we get acclimated, something has to be done to ramp it up.

If you really wanted to do kids, you'd know it. You might hate it, but you'd find excuses. You're temporize. You'd wrestle with it all the time. You'd feel desire and it would gnaw, like a malicious mouse. I didn't ask to be Bi, but it's THERE. Well, being a pedo would be there. If you really wanted that, by golly you'd want that. And I have my serious doubts anyone in the forum really, really wants that. Y'all wouldn't be wringing your hands over it, like y'all do. OCD can really mess with a person.


I just feel horrified... Can it FEEL like you want to without it being true?


Very much so. That's the whole method of POCD. POCD is a piece of crap asshole. That's what it does, exactly what it does. You're not a pedophile, you suffer from POCD.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Image
Image
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck
User avatar
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
 
Posts: 5113
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby WhyDoIExist » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Update: Had the thought that it would feel good to touch a child's v**va... Horrified at myself, scared, hoping it's just my brain screwing with me.
WhyDoIExist
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm

WhyDoIExist wrote:Update: Had the thought that it would feel good to touch a child's v**va... Horrified at myself, scared, hoping it's just my brain screwing with me.


I had a thought of killing someone the other day. I got hospitalized back in 2012 for these thoughts, and it terrified me because of my harm-OCD, but guess what, I didn't kill anyone. Not in 2012, not the other day, not ever. The only things I've ever killed are bugs and a few fish back when I went fishing. I felt like a bad person, but then someone who I talk to about this stuff, not on this website said to me, "having thoughts of murdering someone doesn't make you a bad person. Murdering someone makes you a bad person."


Having the thought you did doesn't make you a pedophile. Actually going through and doing that makes you a pedophile. Again, you've been struggling with this for almost a decade, and if you were going to do something, you would have done it by now.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Image
Image
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck
User avatar
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
 
Posts: 5113
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby WhyDoIExist » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Tyler wrote:
WhyDoIExist wrote:Update: Had the thought that it would feel good to touch a child's v**va... Horrified at myself, scared, hoping it's just my brain screwing with me.


I had a thought of killing someone the other day. I got hospitalized back in 2012 for these thoughts, and it terrified me because of my harm-OCD, but guess what, I didn't kill anyone. Not in 2012, not the other day, not ever. The only things I've ever killed are bugs and a few fish back when I went fishing. I felt like a bad person, but then someone who I talk to about this stuff, not on this website said to me, "having thoughts of murdering someone doesn't make you a bad person. Murdering someone makes you a bad person."


Having the thought you did doesn't make you a pedophile. Actually going through and doing that makes you a pedophile. Again, you've been struggling with this for almost a decade, and if you were going to do something, you would have done it by now.


But what if it felt like I genuinely wanted to act on the thought? Because, it did...
WhyDoIExist
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 am

WhyDoIExist wrote:
Tyler wrote:
WhyDoIExist wrote:Update: Had the thought that it would feel good to touch a child's v**va... Horrified at myself, scared, hoping it's just my brain screwing with me.


I had a thought of killing someone the other day. I got hospitalized back in 2012 for these thoughts, and it terrified me because of my harm-OCD, but guess what, I didn't kill anyone. Not in 2012, not the other day, not ever. The only things I've ever killed are bugs and a few fish back when I went fishing. I felt like a bad person, but then someone who I talk to about this stuff, not on this website said to me, "having thoughts of murdering someone doesn't make you a bad person. Murdering someone makes you a bad person."


Having the thought you did doesn't make you a pedophile. Actually going through and doing that makes you a pedophile. Again, you've been struggling with this for almost a decade, and if you were going to do something, you would have done it by now.


But what if it felt like I genuinely wanted to act on the thought? Because, it did...


Just like I had the thought of genuinely acting on hurting people. OCD is a piece of crap and will do that.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Image
Image
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck
User avatar
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
 
Posts: 5113
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Can OCD make you feel MENTAL enjoyment?

Postby Snaga » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:35 am

Intrusive thoughts of hurting, Tyler? I've had those since... oh about eleven years old, or so. Gotta love being afraid you're going to kill (fill in the blank).
Image

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
User avatar
Snaga
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14308
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:58 pm
Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 41 guests