Our partner

PLEASE HELP! I WILL MAKE IT SHORT!

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

PLEASE HELP! I WILL MAKE IT SHORT!

Postby bardock21 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:44 pm

So for months now, I have been compulsively blocking/unblocking people, particularly a horrible old coworker from my last job, this piece of garbage tried to sue because he got fired. Anyway, after a really angry convo, my girlfriend told me to just block the douchebag. So i did, and then started getting anxiety about leaving someone i hate on my blocked list. I tried doing it several times, and everytime i blocked, i had temporary relief from the anxiety, followed by worsening anxiety where I would feel it physically in my chest and stomach, I told myself to just leave it as is, but eventually i ended up unblocking everytime for that feeling of relief. After i unblock, i have temporary relief, but then my mind taunts me and annoys me saying "You cant block anyone permanently." I ended up deleting my Instagram account about a week ago, and now my mind is saying I have to block him and other several crappy coworkers i didnt like, and leave it like that for at least 5 years, so I know Im not afraid to block even though it gives me discomfort. Please help! I dont know what to do anymore, im sick of thinking about this and sick of feeling this way :(. Im considering just making another account just to block all these douchebag *mod edit*, just to get some peace of mind. I do have a feeling though if i did it, my mind will just create anxiety about something else.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swear filter
bardock21
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post